All-Star Prizes/giveaways....the Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love the Spirt Sports backpack. No to the cheap drawstring.. We got a beach towel from Aloha Spirit when we competed in Hawaii many years ago and still have and use it.. Plus it was really pretty! Can't get enough medals!! As for the garment bags. A few years ago they gave out really nice ones. We use it to store all my CP's old uniforms. Last years were cheap so I dont think it even made it home. But I have multiple garment bags that I have either purchased or got as gifts and use them all! I think a CD of your teams performance would be a great gift!

Thanks for this. My son is military bound and wears his hair like that...however, even if he didn't I'm pretty sure he wouldn't wear the participant hair bow. I love the hair bows but they need something for the guys.
exactly like a bracelet an necklace or tshirt or something. like sure tampons are nice and i used to love giving it my friends when they were moody (super funny thing to do) but other than i that i clearly have no use for them

exactly like a bracelet an necklace or tshirt or something. like sure tampons are nice and i used to love giving it my friends when they were moody (super funny thing to do) but other than i that i clearly have no use for them
Those braided wristbands are cool, dog tags, a baseball hat, those aluminum or wide rubber wristbands, maybe a keychain, or carabiner with the EP name....the carabiners could hold hair bows if they collect those from other EPs as someone mentioned. Maybe a water bottle for practice, an imprinted towel, like the growl towel or terrible towels from the steelers, imprinted lanyard, soda can koosie

That's some guy stuff that seems in the same range that I can think of off the top of my head.

If a company were to give out bows to girls as the national champion prize, what would you suggest as the alternate prize for males? Would you rather receive a nice, good quality bow rather than a sweatshirt?
Check the post above, I just rattled off some ideas off the top of my head.

Those braided wristbands are cool, dog tags, a baseball hat, those aluminum or wide rubber wristbands, maybe a keychain, or carabiner with the EP name....the carabiners could hold hair bows if they collect those from other EPs as someone mentioned. Maybe a water bottle for practice, an imprinted towel, like the growl towel or terrible towels from the steelers, imprinted lanyard, soda can koosie

That's some guy stuff that seems in the same range that I can think of off the top of my head.
this sounds wonderful! i always love getting water bottles. there quite useful

this sounds wonderful! i always love getting water bottles. there quite useful
That's what I was thinking when I wrote it, that's not a bad idea for a standard gift, it's gender neutral and who can't use an extra water bottle? They make some pretty awesome ones these days with the little ice thing in the middle you can freeze or with pop up straws etc.

That's what I was thinking when I wrote it, that's not a bad idea for a standard gift, it's gender neutral and who can't use an extra water bottle? They make some pretty awesome ones these days with the little ice thing in the middle you can freeze or with pop up straws etc.
yeah i mean not only that but there great for trips or to the pool or wherever, theses comps just need to start thinking of neutral things to give out not just a specific thing, oh and age appropriate stuff would be great too

yeah we didn't know what it was either when we opened it...wasn't til we got back into our hotel room that we figured it out lol...the champion jackets were different. a thin hoodie with cool writing on the back. Unfortunately, my cp got one a size too small...it's all good.

I plan on taking all of her t-shirts (practice wear and comp shirts) and making a huge quilt out of them for her to keep. this way it frees up at least 2 drawers in her dresser and she gains a blanket to travel with! it's a win-win!

I make T-Shirt Quilts!! I'm doing a Summer lovin special........ all t-shirt quilt orders received by June 10 are HALF PRICE!!!! email me [email protected] or visit my facebook page

T-Shirt Quilts and Crafty Creations by Barbara Jean - Local Business - Franklin, NJ | Facebook

i love the idea of dog tags if the girls get bows, i think theyre a great collectible for guys just like bows can become collectibles for girls when you get enough of them

I do loveee medals.. Just because how I have them set up in my room makes it look better with the more I have ;)
Also, I do like shirts/jackets especially since I'm always the girl who's parents don't go to my competitions and only give me $10 to feed myself for the day... :oops:
^ ME TOO. hahahaha

I think this year American Superstarz gave out garment bags to ever participant. Ever time you turned a corner you heard some kid going "....but what is it?"
I'm still saying "but what is it?" to one of the coaches gifts from UCA HS nationals. Have yet to figure it out! lol.

[This includes champions gifts and participant gifts]

• LOVE medals. Especially shiny ones.
  • If you're going to give out backpacks, give ones that can fit more than one shoe in them, that are actually useful, and that actually have the ability to be carried around comfortably. The UCA drawstring backpacks weren't bad this year.
  • You can't go wrong with hoodies and I don't mind new tshirts (as long as they fit)
  • If it's going to be a jacket, make it like NCA: classy, sleek-looking, not too gaudy. No trashbag jackets (ahem, UCA) and not cotton that shrinks after one washing and the zipper falls off.
  • Jackets with the nice(er) material, like Jamfest Indy or All-levels (i think)/US Finals are preferable.
  • PLEASE no "garment bags." If we have need for one, we already have one, and what you give us doesn't even qualify.
  • I think American Cheer Power gave out purses? LOL no. Just no. There were too many laying in the bleachers to count, take a hint.
  • Bows are an okay idea, if they are nice ones.
  • I like the idea of CD's with action shots or your performance on them, but it'd probably be cheaper just to make them available online.
  • Cheersport blankets. Perrrfection. Can never have enough.
  • Tampons. If we need them, we already have them. Dont bother.
  • Jamfest Indy gave out travel pillows, they were okay except I never used it and it was annoying carrying it around.
  • I like getting pins, maybe EP's could give ones to champions.

WAIT. The worst participation gift I ever got was from American Cheer and idk if this is what you were taking about but it was a black backpack where you could zip up the straps so its either an awkward one strap or two. It was obviously meant for girls, therefor I got both mine and my brothers (like I even needed ONE of those things) but it was horrible. To this day I still don't know how I'm supposed to wear those things and they must be at least 8 years old. Actually, now that I think about it, ACP gave out quite a few awkward backpacks over the years... I didn't mind t-shirts when I cheered, as long as they were nice. COA had hands down the worst participant t-shirts quite a while ago. I couldn't even try to describe the color of it if I tried. Somewhere between grey, mauve, and brown with a hint of pea soup green... Atrocious. But I must say, the year COA handed out flip flops as participant gifts literally made my life. They were the COMFIEST flip flops I've ever worn, ever. And I wear flip flops all the time. Even in the snow. Funny story though, the same year they handed out flip flops as participant gifts, they handed out gloves, hats and scarves as champion gifts. I don't know the thought process of that or how those two things got handed out together, but I guess COA wants to make sure us Upstate New Yorkers are covered in all sorts of weather. Bless them.

And to anyone who works at COA: If you have anymore of those flip flops hanging around (size 8 or 9), I have about 4 sets of those hats, gloves and scarves I will gladly trade you for some of those flip flops ;) I'll let you think about it, you know where to find me.

WAIT. The worst participation gift I ever got was from American Cheer and idk if this is what you were taking about but it was a black backpack where you could zip up the straps so its either an awkward one strap or two. It was obviously meant for girls, therefor I got both mine and my brothers (like I even needed ONE of those things) but it was horrible. To this day I still don't know how I'm supposed to wear those things and they must be at least 8 years old. Actually, now that I think about it, ACP gave out quite a few awkward backpacks over the years... I didn't mind t-shirts when I cheered, as long as they were nice. COA had hands down the worst participant t-shirts quite a while ago. I couldn't even try to describe the color of it if I tried. Somewhere between grey, mauve, and brown with a hint of pea soup green... Atrocious. But I must say, the year COA handed out flip flops as participant gifts literally made my life. They were the COMFIEST flip flops I've ever worn, ever. And I wear flip flops all the time. Even in the snow. Funny story though, the same year they handed out flip flops as participant gifts, they handed out gloves, hats and scarves as champion gifts. I don't know the thought process of that or how those two things got handed out together, but I guess COA wants to make sure us Upstate New Yorkers are covered in all sorts of weather. Bless them.

And to anyone who works at COA: If you have anymore of those flip flops hanging around (size 8 or 9), I have about 4 sets of those hats, gloves and scarves I will gladly trade you for some of those flip flops ;) I'll let you think about it, you know where to find me.

I know the COA shirt you speak of... :eek: AW-FUL. I have about 982 pairs of COA flip flops... one year we did the COA freedom pass thing where you pay one fee to do any/all of their comps. Flip flops and picture frames at EVERY comp. I thought when COA became apart of Jambrands their gifts would step it up a little... their championship jackets are the same from yeaaaars ago old logo and all. Moral of the story I have some flip flops for you!

I know the COA shirt you speak of... :eek: AW-FUL. I have about 982 pairs of COA flip flops... one year we did the COA freedom pass thing where you pay one fee to do any/all of their comps. Flip flops and picture frames at EVERY comp. I thought when COA became apart of Jambrands their gifts would step it up a little... their championship jackets are the same from yeaaaars ago old logo and all. Moral of the story I have some flip flops for you!

What sizes??

Back