Pulled Muscle?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 6, 2013
So about two weeks ago i tried pulling my bow and arrow. I was warmed up and stretched. We began doing partner stretches and i told my partner to put my leg back more but at that point i felt kind of like a tear or pop i'm not sure how to describe it, but now i can't even do my splits on that side because it hurts. I've rested it put icy hot and put heat on it after the swelling stopped. I try to stretch every day but sometimes i get so frustrated that i cant even do my splits any more so i kind of stopped stretching unless i really feel motivated. Any ideas of how i can make it heal FAST??

The only thing you can do fOr a pulled muscle is REST it and ice it. Since you said you felt a tear/pop you want to a Dr. to make sure you only pulled it and not have torn anything.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

the BIGGEST thing you can do to help it is RICE. Yes, rice. it stands for Rest, Ice, Care, & Elevation. You're going to need to stay away from too much activity that involves that muscle. I agree with Cheermuse.... rest is a huge part of it all.

the BIGGEST thing you can do to help it is RICE. Yes, rice. it stands for Rest, Ice, Care, & Elevation. You're going to need to stay away from too much activity that involves that muscle. I agree with Cheermuse.... rest is a huge part of it all.

Just a point of clarification, typically the C in RICE stands for Compression.

Compression:
Use compression when elevating a sprain or strain in early treatment. Using an Ace bandage, wrap the area overlapping the elastic wrap by one-half of the width of the wrap. The wrap should be snug, but not cutting off circulation to the extremity. So, if your fingers or toes become cold, blue, or tingle, re-wrap!

Back