OT Puppy!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 26, 2011
My mom wants a puppy in the next couple months but we can't seem to pick a breed!!
I told her we should adopt from a shelter but she said the puppy HAS to be teacup sized.
Teacup pomeranian was the top choice until we found out that they needed extensive grooming.
Anybody have an adorable teacup dog that has a good temperament and doesn't require extensive grooming?

i have a teacup Pomeranian! him "extensive grooming" is just brushing him, and giving him a bath like once a week. its not that bad once you get used to it:D thats bear the day i got him. hehehe.
310157_10150409983563929_590578928_8657957_1596628745_n.jpg

i have a toy (about 8 lbs but i know they come in teacup size!) shorkie which is a shih tzu + yorkie. she's adorable & loves to play with people but knows how to entertain herself as well she'll play catch with herself if there's no one to play with lol.. she has hair not fur so she doesn't shed which makes grooming easy. if you want to see a picture i'll post one:)

Yorkie... Or I have a maltipoo that is ffrom a teacup poodle and Maltese... She is amazing... And no shed!!!!

First it's gonna be hard to adopt a teacup size dog! People don't ususally put up for adoption what they can sell for $1200+!!
Second, yes, you are potentially going to have higher maintenance bills with a teacup size than lets say at least a toy size.
Third, if you are a cheerleader, which I assume, keep in my boarding costs if you travel fur competitions. We spend over $2,000 p/yr on boarding/grooming alone from October - April/Worlds. (2 dogs)
Not saying don't get, just saying consider the costs. Spend the next few months doing your research and really preparing for your new furry friend!
Good luck

Thanks so much y'all! SmileyRyleigh your dog is soooooo cute!! And Cheer Cougar my dad stays home for competitions so we don't have to worry about boarding:) plus we have a dog sitter who comes and stays when we are on vacations!! Let's just say we spoil the dog I have now, he's a shitzu :)

Back