All-Star Pushing Through Routines

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We had a guy on our open team who I believe broke his ankle in warmups. He went out and did the entire routine even though you could tell he was in pain!

Really stupid I know. I did a dive roll on a flat mat in warm ups and I guess I hurt my back the way I landed, it was really hurting but I went out and performed, not showing that it hurt.

bottom right corner... she finished and even smiled through her tears. She was 10 I think.

The first time I ever saw someone push through a routine was the backspot on Shooting Stars back in the day whose teeth got knocked out when her flyer doubled with her elbow out. Did anyone else see that?

There was also a guy at either Cheersport Nationals 2002 or 2003 who tumbled off the stage into the crowd ran back around and kept going. This was back when they were the only spring floor comp so people weren't used to that much power in competition. I can't remember what team it was but it was either Top Gun or a team in their division because we were all crammed in there like sardines. Does anyone else remember that?

I'm pretty sure you are talking about Matt Goto on Champion Cheer from Raleigh, NC. I have the video of that division and watching him fall off was pretty crazy!!

A boy on my team a couple years back always dislocated his shoulder EVERY TIME we competed. We'd always see him at awards with a giant ice pack tucked under his uni sleeve.
And also, Dalton from CEA was talking to us one day a couple of seasons ago, he said that he had broken his rib in one routine, finished it, and still had to compete later on that night. :confused:

There is a girl on my team who competed thispast weekend even though she has fluid build up in both of her knees. she fell to the floor crying as soon as wewere done. They carried her off stage.

i was on two teams one year and i tore 3 ligaments in my wrist and competed the rest of the weekend with my wrist taped really tight. if happened on a friday night practice and we had a 2 day comp that weekend so i competed 4 times it hurt so bad by the last performance

Latest posts

Back