All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Shoulder and back flexibility is definitely part of good walkovers and handsprings, but I've seen plenty of athletes doing higher level tumbling who severely lack flexibility.
If you're looking to correct bad tumbling technique, you generally are looking at a lack of muscle/control of said muscles, bad teaching of the basics (you'd be surprised how many peoples' bad double fulls are a result of their bad roundoff), or lack of confidence.

Yes, but will it help with having straighter legs and pointed toes?

Yes, but will it help with having straighter legs and pointed toes?

Not directly, as you only need to be able to stand up straight to do a layout. If we're talking layouts-doubles. To some extent with bhs maybe, with bwo's for sure bc you wanna do a split mid tumble.

For level 3 if you are doing a backless prep is it illegal to not have one of the bases holding her thigh area where a backspot would?

For level 3 if you are doing a backless prep is it illegal to not have one of the bases holding her thigh area where a backspot would?

For level 2 and up, a prep without a back is always legal no matter the hand placement. Only reason to hold behind the thigh is probably balance if they're a bracer in pyramid. Other than that I'd go for under the foot like normal. A back shouldn't be up on thigh if not a bracer anyway, IMO. If you can't do a prep holding the ankles, you shouldn't be level 2+.

For level 2 and up, a prep without a back is always legal no matter the hand placement. Only reason to hold behind the thigh is probably balance if they're a bracer in pyramid. Other than that I'd go for under the foot like normal. A back shouldn't be up on thigh if not a bracer anyway, IMO. If you can't do a prep holding the ankles, you shouldn't be level 2+.
Thank you :) I was always confused especially for pyramid what the rules were for that

I watched Twinkles documentary yesterday and I saw in the comment the crew who made the documentary asked if we are interested in a sequel? They commented 11 months ago. Anyone know if there is a second documentary coming? That would make me verry happy :)

I watched Twinkles documentary yesterday and I saw in the comment the crew who made the documentary asked if we are interested in a sequel? They commented 11 months ago. Anyone know if there is a second documentary coming? That would make me verry happy :)

I also saw that! I just watched the original a few months ago. I would love to see a follow up with the team. I am curious who made shooting stars.

Does anyone know what happens if athletes are caught when not age eglibible for their division? Like I know sometimes it affects the teams winning but is there ever any consequences for the athletes?

Does anyone know what happens if athletes are caught when not age eglibible for their division? Like I know sometimes it affects the teams winning but is there ever any consequences for the athletes?

Have never heard of athletes being punished but then again I don't believe most athletes lie to the gym about their age.

Have never heard of athletes being punished but then again I don't believe most athletes lie to the gym about their age.
I've never heard about an individual athlete being singled out for it. It's the team that suffers the consequences typically with a dq at that comp (which no one ever hears about because it's never made public knowledge by the EP and most certainly not by the gym).

I've never heard about an individual athlete being singled out for it. It's the team that suffers the consequences typically with a dq at that comp (which no one ever hears about because it's never made public knowledge by the EP and most certainly not by the gym).

If it happens at worlds the team is banned from competing the next year as well. But I think it may only be in that division.

Last edited:
Back