All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

for level 4, are you allowed to do a 2-leg extension to a full down twist to 1-leg prep?

I'm not 100% sure about to prep but CEA has a level 4 team that does a corkscrew down to a reload Lib before doing their tick tock. I can find a video if you'd like.

I would assume that would mean it's legal to prep as well.

The most common problems I come across when teaching this are:
Bent arms - straight arms allow more of the backspot's twist to "transfer" to the flyer
Loose flyer - if the flyer is tight enough and the grips are correct (so the back uncrosses and recrosses her arms), the full twist can't not happen

You can try drills on the floor, where the flyer lies down with her arms above her head and the backspot twists her along the floor - if she is tight enough her arms, shoulders, hips and feet should all turn as one. If not, work on those core muscles!

For future reference, and for this, it is always easier for people to help you if you post a video.
Try telling the flyer when she's twisting to try to smell her armpit and to try to put her head under her arms. And don't let the flyer start to twist until her body is straight.

Shoulder and back flexibility is definitely part of good walkovers and handsprings, but I've seen plenty of athletes doing higher level tumbling who severely lack flexibility.
If you're looking to correct bad tumbling technique, you generally are looking at a lack of muscle/control of said muscles, bad teaching of the basics (you'd be surprised how many peoples' bad double fulls are a result of their bad roundoff), or lack of confidence.
IMO a lack of shoulder flexibility not letting people get their arms behind their ears is a really big part of tumblers having a problem with their reach in their handsprings. Especially for boys.

Does The Summit have crossover rules in terms of how many can crossover? I know a single athlete can only compete on 2 teams but can one team have 15 crossovers to another team?

Does The Summit have crossover rules in terms of how many can crossover? I know a single athlete can only compete on 2 teams but can one team have 15 crossovers to another team?

• A single athlete is limited to competing twice, and only up or down one level. (Except 4.2 who can compete levels 2, 3, or 4 as their additional team.)
  • Zero crossovers allowed from Cheer to Dance Summit.
  • Five athletes per team can be from a Worlds team (worlds athletes limited to levels 4 and 5)

If the kids in your example meet those rules, being within the level range, not participating in dance summit, and not competing on more than two teams, than hypothetically, yes there could be 15 crossovers on one team.

• A single athlete is limited to competing twice, and only up or down one level. (Except 4.2 who can compete levels 2, 3, or 4 as their additional team.)
  • Zero crossovers allowed from Cheer to Dance Summit.
  • Five athletes per team can be from a Worlds team (worlds athletes limited to levels 4 and 5)

If the kids in your example meet those rules, being within the level range, not participating in dance summit, and not competing on more than two teams, than hypothetically, yes there could be 15 crossovers on one team.

Thank you. Yes in my example an entire team of non-worlds athletes are competing as a level 4 and 4.2. I was just curious since I had never seen that before.

Posting here because Im not sure where else to ask this question.

I tryout for college cheer in a couple of weeks and there is an option to perform an additional running pass to the minimum running tumbling required for extra points. I have both a round off bhs tuck and a roundoff layout (I have a weird thing about connecting my backhandspring to my layout thanks to crappy technique I was taught long ago). So I was wondering which I should throw at tryouts since I am equally comfortable with both passes.

Posting here because Im not sure where else to ask this question.

I tryout for college cheer in a couple of weeks and there is an option to perform an additional running pass to the minimum running tumbling required for extra points. I have both a round off bhs tuck and a roundoff layout (I have a weird thing about connecting my backhandspring to my layout thanks to crappy technique I was taught long ago). So I was wondering which I should throw at tryouts since I am equally comfortable with both passes.
I'd throw a RO BHS tuck. If it's a competition team, they'll likely never need a RO layout from you, but a RO BHS tuck can be synched with others.

Did TG Fierce 5 change their division into Medium Coed 5? I am pretty sure that they're Small Coed 5 and already have At-Large bid.

Back