All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Worlds Bracket should be ready by the end of this weekend. Finally getting around to adding support for the A/B split in Small Senior/Small Coed Prelims :rolleyes:
Hahaha... bless you. I was about to remind you just in case you forgot again.

Love seeing so many teams in the Large Senior Division. Only 11 but compared to years past the division is growing!
Pretty sure there were 11 last year too? I'm still impressed with the % of large coed teams that have earned a full-paid bid.

So everyone in medium senior prelims will advance to semi finals?
Are teams allowed to mark bits of the routine then, if they know they'll advance anyhow? Not sure what all the rules are.

So everyone in medium senior prelims will advance to semi finals?
Are teams allowed to mark bits of the routine then, if they know they'll advance anyhow? Not sure what all the rules are.

I would think that they would want to do their routine in full so they could see how it stacks up to the competition and what they could work on to try to help make finals.

Also wouldn't their placement in prelims determine their placement in semi's and that usually leads to a little advantage the later you go so maybe they would want to do their best and everything in prelims to improve their day 2 odds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would think that they would want to do their routine in full so they could see how it stacks up to the competition and what they could work on to try to help make finals.

Also wouldn't their placement in prelims determine their placement in semi's and that usually leads to a little advantage the later you go so maybe they would want to do their best and everything in prelims to improve their day 2 odds.

It's also a good opportunity to get out the nerves on a day that doesn't matter. I've competed in US Trials in IOC6 when it didn't matter and we still ran a full out routine. It's good experience and practice for day 2.

What ankle braces does everyone recommend for long term use? I had a talus fracture four years ago and have been using an Aircast, but it's so bulky and doesn't feel like it really does all that much. Figured I'd ask on here if there was a better choice moving forward. Any help is appreciated!

What ankle braces does everyone recommend for long term use? I had a talus fracture four years ago and have been using an Aircast, but it's so bulky and doesn't feel like it really does all that much. Figured I'd ask on here if there was a better choice moving forward. Any help is appreciated!

I don't remember the brand, but when I sprained my ankles years ago I had one that laced up. I think it also had metal in it on the sides to help stabilize the ankle. I wore that for a few seasons until my ankle was completely healed. Don't get one of the stretchy velcro ones, they don't do much.

Something similar to this:

McDavidUSA | Ankle Brace/Lace-Up w/Stays

I think mine had a velcro strap at the top that covered the laces.

Honest answer, none. A brace should not be used long term. I know, probably not the answer you're looking for.

It's also a good opportunity to get out the nerves on a day that doesn't matter. I've competed in US Trials in IOC6 when it didn't matter and we still ran a full out routine. It's good experience and practice for day 2.
Agreed. Teams have to pay to practice on spring floor at worlds, so it is a great opportunity for the teams in prelims to go full out and as an added benefit get judge's feedback. It would be unwise to mark any section IMO.

Honest answer, none. A brace should not be used long term. I know, probably not the answer you're looking for.

I generally just use it on days when my ankle is unable to function in day-to-day stuff, not for anything cheer related. There's just some mornings where I need additional support to walk and teach all day, which is the only purpose of the ankle brace, as without it I can't be on my feet for more than five minutes at a time. My doctor recommended something heavy-duty that athletes would wear for the really bad days, and I figured the people on this board would know best what that is. Trust me, my cheer career is long done haha.

I generally just use it on days when my ankle is unable to function in day-to-day stuff, not for anything cheer related. There's just some mornings where I need additional support to walk and teach all day, which is the only purpose of the ankle brace, as without it I can't be on my feet for more than five minutes at a time. My doctor recommended something heavy-duty that athletes would wear for the really bad days, and I figured the people on this board would know best what that is. Trust me, my cheer career is long done haha.
My answer still applies as it has nothing to do with cheer, though I'm sure others will be able to help you find what you are looking for!

Agreed with MissCongeniality

ASO-type braces are the way to go! Something similar to the below.
Amazon product ASIN B00XP3YB6I

Random question,

Does anyone know if level 6 gets the 3 wildcard alternates for worlds that level 5 does? Based on reading the worlds packet, it seems like no, that level 6 has their own alternate rules, but it seemed overly restrictive.

Plus I saw at least one level 6 team advertising for athletes on twitter after they got their bid awhile back, which wouldn't make sense per the level 6 rules.

@BlueCat do you know?

Back