All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Now, this question may apply to coaches but cheer parent/sponsor/ATM's please chime in. I am the latter BTW, but would you rather see a kid placed on a team with not quite perfected skills just to fill a "flyer" spot for example or just use a cross over? IMO I would go the cross over route. Why? with an athlete with not quite solid skills for that level the routine will need a work around from day one because little Suzie's tuck for example is hit or miss and there is no guarantee it will be hitting by competition season. What do you think? Now, that I have wrote this this may be a question for a coach or coaches.

At our gym, because we are smaller, there are some girls who do not have the level skills but they also cannot be placed on a level appropriate team due to age (we just don't have the numbers). It stinks for maxing out tumbling, but necessary unless you start turning kids away..

Summit is for levels 1-5r. So an XS senior 5 would compete all season at competitions separated out in the XS division (if there are enough teams of that size otherwise they would be combined with Small teams) and trying to earn a bid for worlds where they would compete as a small team.

Regular season division has XS and S. Worlds has Small which is inclusive of XS.

324cf11e7ea7b8e34ceb6b0f4e74ef41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At our gym, because we are smaller, there are some girls who do not have the level skills but they also cannot be placed on a level appropriate team due to age (we just don't have the numbers). It stinks for maxing out tumbling, but necessary unless you start turning kids away..

We have this too. It can be hard to explain to a pre-teen/teen that in a small gym, placements are sometimes based on age rather than skill.

When teams globe at worlds, are more than athletes given medals? I.e. Coaches and other staff? Question arose from seeing choreographers etc wearing the medals too and just curious as to whether they borrow them or teams get extras?
Also alternates, do they get them?

When teams globe at worlds, are more than athletes given medals? I.e. Coaches and other staff? Question arose from seeing choreographers etc wearing the medals too and just curious as to whether they borrow them or teams get extras?
Also alternates, do they get them?
I know coaches and alternates do. Not sure about choreographers.

Okay so im starting to look over the glossary and rules packet from USASF because I want to get my credentials, but im not really understanding some of the stunts described, any tips on helping me understand? I wish there was a photo glossary that came with it haha

Okay so im starting to look over the glossary and rules packet from USASF because I want to get my credentials, but im not really understanding some of the stunts described, any tips on helping me understand? I wish there was a photo glossary that came with it haha

At one point I believe there was a wiki on the boards with what you're asking. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That style is a "tuxedo bow" there are tons of tutorials online. Just look up "tuxedo style hair bow" then just make it smaller. They are super simple to make it's one piece of ribbon looped so the ends slightly overlap, then cinch and sew, and add center. You can hot glue the part to attach to the shoe first then wrap the ribbon around the center glue into place.

A video glossary is in the works and should be available within the next couple months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back