All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not sure if I should start a thread but I've never done it so I'd rather leave that to somebody else. Has anybody seen the new division ages? CU uploaded a picture.

A 5 year old to be eligible for a Junior 5 team is honestly so scary. Little suzies crazy cheer mom will start expecting fulls by age 6! I can't imagine how 5 year olds being on a junior team can benefit either the older or younger kids. Little 5 year old bodies should not be on junior teams.

Not saying there will be 5 year olds on junior 5 teams, but with the opportunity, I'm nervous some parents will take this and run with it. I just don't think a 5 year old should have the ability to be a junior for almost ten years. Any thoughts? I'm genuinely curious.
That's nothing new, actually before there could have technically been 3 or 4 year olds on a junior team.

At your program where are side bases to hold in extended one legged stunts? Currently I tell my sides to set for the stunt with their front hand on the flyer's shin and back hand to be in the middle of the flyers right foot, after the dip the back hand stays put and the top hand guides/throws the shin up and at the top of the stunt it goes on top of the right shoe (where the shoelaces are) and pulls up/stabilizes. I have seen different variations this season, and now I'm curious because my kids really struggle with extended one legged stunts.

Way tardy but I'm interested in the answer as well. I've been siding as my main position for the past 2 years and I get critiqued differently every time. UCA camps teach the wrist and middle foot, I was taught to sandwich, but I will say it's harder to do depending on flyers foot size, sometimes it feels like I'm getting in the way.

Question. So with the new XS division, all teams in it for 2017-2018 won't really have an end of the year competition, correct? They can't attend worlds and I haven't heard of them being eligible for summit.

They can attend Worlds but only as a S team, they won't be separated out in to a XS division.

So do they attend summit if they're XS? I guess nothing at all?

Summit is for levels 1-5r. So an XS senior 5 would compete all season at competitions separated out in the XS division (if there are enough teams of that size otherwise they would be combined with Small teams) and trying to earn a bid for worlds where they would compete as a small team.

Regular season division has XS and S. Worlds has Small which is inclusive of XS.

Summit is for levels 1-5r. So an XS senior 5 would compete all season at competitions separated out in the XS division (if there are enough teams of that size otherwise they would be combined with Small teams) and trying to earn a bid for worlds where they would compete as a small team.

Regular season division has XS and S. Worlds has Small which is inclusive of XS.

I understand the rest but I'm just asking straight up if a team that chooses to go XS and not enter Small for worlds has an end of the year competition. So basically the answer is no. Thank you!

Did FloCheer stream NCA this year? Like you could use your FloCheer account to stream varsity.tv, like they did with the Summit?

I was actually pretty impressed with the overall quality of the Worlds stream, so I would probably subscribe again next year.

Did FloCheer stream NCA this year? Like you could use your FloCheer account to stream varsity.tv, like they did with the Summit?

I was actually pretty impressed with the overall quality of the Worlds stream, so I would probably subscribe again next year.
Yes. Along with Cheersport and UCA.

So @EricaElite and I were talking, and we want to try out for an IO(C)5/6 team and were discussing tryout fees. Infinity All Stars here in Jax has a $125 tryout fee. That is for the entire session now through June 2nd. It also includes a t-shirt and swag bag. What's it like for other teams? More or less expensive? Or is there even one at all?

So @EricaElite and I were talking, and we want to try out for an IO(C)5/6 team and were discussing tryout fees. Infinity All Stars here in Jax has a $125 tryout fee. That is for the entire session now through June 2nd. It also includes a t-shirt and swag bag. What's it like for other teams? More or less expensive? Or is there even one at all?
That's high compared to tryout fees in my area which range from $25-$55 for all teams. Some gyms don't charge a tryout fee for Open teams, although for some gyms Open teams have started to replace their senior world teams so the tryout fee is now more commonly charged for open teams too.

Mine was like $90 for 2 days of tryouts and it included a shirt.

Depends on what is included in the "session"? Are you getting open gyms or tumbling instruction for the month? Because then it's kind of a month of tuition. If it's just tryouts and a shirt... seems on the high end, especially for an open team.

For an international perspective, my IOC5 team from the Uk has a tryout fee of £15 (3 hours) with a camp the day before which is also £15 (3 hours, optional)

We do have a commitment fee to pay once we get placed of £135 to cover a months training, a tshirt, our showcase, first comp entry fee and athlete contribution to music

I think this is very reasonable

£1 is around $1.29 currently

Back