All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As an aged out athlete with the goal of cheering again either at a four-year school once I transfer or an all-star team I have run into the issue of not knowing where to go for tumbling classes to keep up my current skills and learn some new ones. I live in New Jersey and have looked into some of the closer cheer gyms to me (for reference of my area CJA without traffic is 30-35 minutes from me) and most cater the classes only for athletes aged to 18. I am turning 21 in the fall and I can see where gyms are coming from not wanting 10 year olds in the same class as 21 year olds but in saying this I was wondering if anyone knew of any cheer gyms or even gymnastics gyms that would allow me to take tumbling classes or let me take privates. Thank you so much, I hope you all are having a fantastic summer.
I mean, Snookie is all over CJA's social media so I'm guessing they offer instruction to 18+ :D

As an aged out athlete with the goal of cheering again either at a four-year school once I transfer or an all-star team I have run into the issue of not knowing where to go for tumbling classes to keep up my current skills and learn some new ones. I live in New Jersey and have looked into some of the closer cheer gyms to me (for reference of my area CJA without traffic is 30-35 minutes from me) and most cater the classes only for athletes aged to 18. I am turning 21 in the fall and I can see where gyms are coming from not wanting 10 year olds in the same class as 21 year olds but in saying this I was wondering if anyone knew of any cheer gyms or even gymnastics gyms that would allow me to take tumbling classes or let me take privates. Thank you so much, I hope you all are having a fantastic summer.

Don't necessarily look for classes, but open gym slots. that's usually what I look for when I go through my phases of pretending i'm not too old to tumble.

Not sure which direction you're coming from, but premier allstars (morganville) just announced their tumbling schedule for the fall. It's a gorgeous gym and they also have adult open gym nights. PM me if you want more info.

You might be more north, but NJ Spirit Explosion has open gyms for anyone, and ACX Diamonds has classes that you can go to regardless of age. I've tumbled at both places, and i'm 21. :)

Don't necessarily look for classes, but open gym slots. that's usually what I look for when I go through my phases of pretending i'm not too old to tumble.

Also check if they have an open team - they met let you work out/tumble with their open team earlier in the season.

can someone explain to me why Rebel need 950+ "models"? The 7000 applicants is impressive, but it seems kids in cheer (/Suzie's mom) just need their kid to have 12 different sponsorships in their instagram bio. I don't even understand cheerleading anymore.

It's 950+ "free" advertisement opportunities. Not a fan of Rebel's branding, but it is what it is.

Dance catalogs do that-get tons of dancers to each model one costume. All of whom then advertise the catalog to everyone they know.

can someone explain to me why Rebel need 950+ "models"? The 7000 applicants is impressive, but it seems kids in cheer (/Suzie's mom) just need their kid to have 12 different sponsorships in their instagram bio. I don't even understand cheerleading anymore.
Agreed. The whole thing is a huge eye roll for me. I'd be surprised if that number is accurate. Seems everyone who I know applied was given some sort of title.

Agreed. The whole thing is a huge eye roll for me. I'd be surprised if that number is accurate. Seems everyone who I know applied was given some sort of title.

My daughter went to the AC one and is one of the ones "picked" to be a brand ambassador. We went for the fun of it. To put things in perspective, her instagram is really locked down , her 'followers' are all personal friends or family. She cheers for a competitive rec program. Yes she wore Rebel but it was a full top only bling around team name uniform. She left her glasses on and just had fun with the experience.

She is the opposite with me in that she is shy when talking to people sometimes, so the interview was a good experience for her. We went in to it with the attitude of this is for fun. She thought it was cool to have Jeff Hughes take her picture, she really enjoyed the interaction with him and the other Rebel people there.

She is so excited to have seen her name on that list. Just knowing she's getting some swag in the mail (tshirt etc) has her ecstatic. We are on a super limited budget so this is so exciting for her.

To add to this, her older sister is a cancer survivor and an ambassador for ALSF, has been on TV and in print too many times to count. Speaks to large crowds frequently etc. and while my youngest is included it is always about her sister.

So while this was a small thing it was an afternoon solely about her. I'm not denying this probably brought the Suzy mom's out in full force, but just wanted to put the experience up for someone who came at it from a different angle.

My daughter went to the AC one and is one of the ones "picked" to be a brand ambassador. We went for the fun of it. To put things in perspective, her instagram is really locked down , her 'followers' are all personal friends or family. She cheers for a competitive rec program. Yes she wore Rebel but it was a full top only bling around team name uniform. She left her glasses on and just had fun with the experience.

She is the opposite with me in that she is shy when talking to people sometimes, so the interview was a good experience for her. We went in to it with the attitude of this is for fun. She thought it was cool to have Jeff Hughes take her picture, she really enjoyed the interaction with him and the other Rebel people there.

She is so excited to have seen her name on that list. Just knowing she's getting some swag in the mail (tshirt etc) has her ecstatic. We are on a super limited budget so this is so exciting for her.

To add to this, her older sister is a cancer survivor and an ambassador for ALSF, has been on TV and in print too many times to count. Speaks to large crowds frequently etc. and while my youngest is included it is always about her sister.

So while this was a small thing it was an afternoon solely about her. I'm not denying this probably brought the Suzy mom's out in full force, but just wanted to put the experience up for someone who came at it from a different angle.

Your cp's experience reminds me of when American Girl comes to the mall and certain kids are picked to be models for their runway show. Its fun for everyone involved, the kids get to feel special, the company gets exposure and no harm is done. It seems like a win-win to me.

Your story is more in line with what I hear from most parents and kids. My kids begged to sit outside Falcon's stadium to be an extra for some film years ago. DH took a group of kids and sat for 5 hours in the cold only to be told the lighting wasn't right and they weren't shooting that day. They had a blast. It's been about 10 years and they still talk about the day they "thought" they saw the back of some actors head walking by, how they all thought they might be discovered, become big stars and meet the Sprouse twins.

Our kids were in the "Friends of Kids with Cancer" pamphlet. They asked, we said okay, the kids had fun and we didn't think twice about it. When my parents, in laws and many of their church and work friends passed away, many of them listed "Friends of Kids" in lieu of flowers and it was solely because of proud grandparents and relatives showing off my kids in that pamphlet and telling them about a great organization.

Here's a random question: What is the best place to find a Bows of London "Iconic" or "Cinderella" bow for sale??

Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any recordings of the ESPN episodes from worlds 2017 they could send me? Would be greatly appreciated!

Back