All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If I'm understanding what you're saying the XS loophole is, competing XS until worlds, I don't feel it's a loophole gyms are exploiting. It's the division EPs put them in automatically.

I don't follow most teams besides those in OK but I thought at least one gym doing this has a XS team and a level 6 team. If a gym has less than 14 senior age level 5 athletes but also has enough 17+ athletes to field a level 6, their S5 team is going to be placed in the XS division, it's not up to them? Because they have a second worlds team they should find enough athletes to make it a small team even if it hurts their execution?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There are a lot of programs doing it. Gyms can do whatever they want, but I'll bet dollars to donuts they knew what they were doing. They could choose to stay small L6 and small L5. There are so many ways to work the numbers and every gym is different, but to intentionally play the loophole does not do the sport, their program or most importantly their athletes any good.

I'm sure the xsmall rules will change next year.

I also think the International division rules will change next year to not allow whole teams to crossover.

Oh okay, I agree with most of this. I do think US teams should be allowed to be international, but right now it seems the majority of international teams are US... kinda defeats the purpose. Here in the PNW its super easy to get an international bid, like... ridiculously easy.

One way to solve part of the problem is to work the International divisions like Worlds (and every other sport for that matter) and have only the top 3 teams from each country move on to finals --- from what I've seen that is not the case this year and it works like the Summit.

And to support International Cheer and the prospect of Olympic Cheer - make sure you go to @KoreaCheer1 - the Korean Federations FB page and Watch, Like (or Love), Comment and Share the FB Live recording they did of the Wonju Cheer Showcase.

Make sure to tag @USACheer and @KentuckyCheerleading, etc. to make sure your post gets better visibility and shows your support.

If you notice many of the teams are not level 5 - Russia looks like a Level 3 - which is why the International Summit is important - we want these teams to participate at their appropriate level.

The German team is the Dolphins that was at the All Star Games (Vegas) - met up with them and they are just the nicest athletes.

Last edited:
Anybody know where I can get the 2019 dates for Cheersport ATL and NCA? Planning granny's 95th birthday party and don't want a conflict if I can avoid it KWIM #CHEERISLIFE

Anybody know where I can get the 2019 dates for Cheersport ATL and NCA? Planning granny's 95th birthday party and don't want a conflict if I can avoid it KWIM #CHEERISLIFE
NCA is March 1-3. I don't think Cheersport dates have been announced yet, but I would guess Feb 16-17.

So we are going to celebrate a college team being cherry picked by our representative body (giving them a huge unfair advantage in college recruiting/marketing and college national competitons) even though we already have a team that is supposed to represent our country, yet we are going to throw shade at a gym that had a team with the same number of athletes last year - prior to the XS division being created, for being forced to compete in a certain division when they were successful in the division they competed in last year?
I haven't seen one team in the XS division that doesn't meet the criteria, and I don't even understand the comments about international teams. What am I missing?

Well hopefully it won't be back to back anymore
True. Though back to back isn't as bad as the one year (09? I believe) where they were the same weekend and teams had to choose one or the other. Good for the parents who didn't have to pay for both that year, but not as fun for the people watching to not have all the top teams at one comp.

So we are going to celebrate a college team being cherry picked by our representative body (giving them a huge unfair advantage in college recruiting/marketing and college national competitons) even though we already have a team that is supposed to represent our country, yet we are going to throw shade at a gym that had a team with the same number of athletes last year - prior to the XS division being created, for being forced to compete in a certain division when they were successful in the division they competed in last year?
I haven't seen one team in the XS division that doesn't meet the criteria, and I don't even understand the comments about international teams. What am I missing?
Yea I don't get the hate either. For international, some people feel like teams shouldn't be able to take one team with the exact same athletes and compete in both international and regular. I don't necessarily have a problem with that, though I just don't get why you would do it.

c141a6b34244303d819079ac161b0e6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm guessing here but will UCA 2019 be the weekend before NCA 2019? Just wondering based off of the screen shot comment about all three being back to back for 2019.
Probably the week after. Cheersport likely shifted up a week like NCA.

Back