All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just my opinion and I could be wrong, if you only needed a 92 to go it would lose it's appeal. Worlds has appeal because you must be a level 5 Worlds team to go. That in itself is exclusive. Many athletes never make it to a level 5 Worlds team.
I think that poster was just throwing a number out not using that as the suggested number, but I don't think the idea of it is bad. A 94 or 95 is probably a better number.

Just my opinion and I could be wrong, if you only needed a 92 to go it would lose it's appeal. Worlds has appeal because you must be a level 5 Worlds team to go. That in itself is exclusive. Many athletes never make it to a level 5 Worlds team.
92 was just an example. It could 95. It just needs to be attainable for that age/level. For example, youth 4 might not consistently score 95s. And realistically there are teams going to worlds that don’t score a 92.
I’m just speaking from my personal experience, the bid awarding/declaration isn’t ideal and is challenging for certain ages/levels. For example, it is unlikely that a youth 3 team is going to outscore a senior 3 team to win the level 3 at large bid. Further a jr5r typically doesn’t score as high as Sr5R or 4.2 on a consistent basis to win the level. Now the end of the day, I do feel like the teams that ultimately have a chance to place at summit do get bids. I just find the bid process less than equitable.

I think that poster was just throwing a number out not using that as the suggested number, but I don't think the idea of it is bad. A 94 or 95 is probably a better number.
Yet your score depends on your performance AND who is there. Still too subjective to me for it to become a criteria. I agree that the best of the best should go but... I think the best way is not to give a lot of bids.

Yet your score depends on your performance AND who is there. Still too subjective to me for it to become a criteria. I agree that the best of the best should go but... I think the best way is not to give a lot of bids.
I agree. I do like the way they are giving out bids this season. There are flaws, but there will be flaws with just about any way they decide to do it. I wish there was a way for someone (or people) to go through each division at the end of the season and determine the top whatever percentage of teams per division based on scores/placements/strength of competition/etc throughout the season and give bids to them. It would allow each division to be represented by the top percentage and no one division would have an advantage/disadvantage or disproportionate number of teams. I know this would never happen, just a crazy idea I've thought about.

I would assume Varsity wants to fill up every available venue at Disney that weekend with teams. (Disney wants this also.). They also want to encourage teams to keep chasing bids as long as they can at Varsity events and keep it just "exclusive" enough to fill up every time slot. While I intensely dislike the impact the event has had on the industry (extended season, vastly increased cost, incredible damage to independent EPs, etc) it has been an absolutely brilliant business move to leverage their position in the market. I don't see them doing anything different while parents/athletes continue to put so much value on those bids.

Eh, parents are catching on. This is our 3rd year in a row going to Summit. I think the parents are pretty much over it and realize in the higher levels we should expect to get a bid every year. It's a terrible time of year to miss school, it's expensive, and we have to come all the way from California. I'd rather see us do one of the big 3 nationals.

I don't know the answer to your question, but bald spots from cheer hair upsets me. I really wish all cheer hair was a simple high pony tail (No teasing) or panthers current hairstyle. Cheer hair should not be damaging to their hair.

That's what we decided this season. I'm a director and I said high and straight. I'm over the bobble head look and the hair damage and I'll be damned if I want parents shelling out for fake hair.

Eh, parents are catching on. This is our 3rd year in a row going to Summit. I think the parents are pretty much over it and realize in the higher levels we should expect to get a bid every year. It's a terrible time of year to miss school, it's expensive, and we have to come all the way from California. I'd rather see us do one of the big 3 nationals.
I didn't get the appeal of Summit when CP started cheer almost 3 yrs ago and I like it even less now. We were just at UCA and I cannot imagine having to go back for Summit in less than 2 months, it was by far the most expensive cheer weekend so far. CP was all into the idea of going to Summit though, not because she cared about the competition but because she wanted to go back to Disney:rolleyes: It is brilliant marketing on both Varsity and Disney's part but I'll be fine if she never goes to Summit

There are way more Summit bids than worlds bids, there are just a significantly larger number of Summit division teams, so the odds are lower to get a summit bid than a worlds bid.
I was at Spirit Fest this weekend and there were only 3 Summit bids and 6 Worlds bids.

Back