All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sweden is getting the level system full out next year!! Finally!! But my question is. for you international cheerleaders. how those the level system work in your country? do you have like tinys and minis too? in sweden you are not allowed to compete if you are under 10 but we do not have an age cap at 18. this is the new swedish level system. note there is a lack of level 4. do not know why. youth is 10-13 junior is 13-16 and senior is 16-. I think juniors are allowed to compete senior. but im not sure.

Youth Level 1 (Only regional. No national championships)
Youth Level 2
Youth Level 3
Junior Level 1 (Only regional. No national championships)
Junior Level 2
Junior Level 3
Junior Level 5
Junior Level 5 Coed
Senior Level 1 (Only regional. No national championships)
Senior Level 2
Senior Level 3
Senior Level 5
Senior Level 6
Senior Level 6 Coed

Im just wondering how the systems out there work. im quite curious about everything cheer right now. (and sorry about the massive post)
Here in Belgium we only have one competition a year and that's our nationals. We have minis peewees, junior and senior if I'm not mistaken but we don't split up in levels. Like for seniors we have a senior beginner and senior advanced category. And for the advanced category you can do everything up to level 6.
It makes it difficult for competitions in other countries because we have to choose a division that is never a perfect fit, which I think is quite common in europe. So if we compete we would go for level 5 or 6 but we definitely lack tumbling for those levels.
Not sure if what I said is understandable haha :D

Here in Belgium we only have one competition a year and that's our nationals. We have minis peewees, junior and senior if I'm not mistaken but we don't split up in levels. Like for seniors we have a senior beginner and senior advanced category. And for the advanced category you can do everything up to level 6.
It makes it difficult for competitions in other countries because we have to choose a division that is never a perfect fit, which I think is quite common in europe. So if we compete we would go for level 5 or 6 but we definitely lack tumbling for those levels.
Not sure if what I said is understandable haha :D

yeah it id.. up until like a few years ago Sweden had a similar thing. they hade like youth beginner and intermidiate, junior beginner intermidiate and advanced and Senior the same as junior. and i think we have the same problems still with the tumbling. as ive said before we do not have springfloors. so tumbling is lacking. and we only have two competitions. maybe a few more if the teams go to like europeans or worlds. But we have done really good at ICU. the All-girl has gotten 3rd once and last year they did get fourth so we are on our way up even though this year none of the teams placed that good but they still performed at their best. the coed team did get an injury during the routine.

yeah it id.. up until like a few years ago Sweden had a similar thing. they hade like youth beginner and intermidiate, junior beginner intermidiate and advanced and Senior the same as junior. and i think we have the same problems still with the tumbling. as ive said before we do not have springfloors. so tumbling is lacking. and we only have two competitions. maybe a few more if the teams go to like europeans or worlds. But we have done really good at ICU. the All-girl has gotten 3rd once and last year they did get fourth so we are on our way up even though this year none of the teams placed that good but they still performed at their best. the coed team did get an injury during the routine.
The was I think they were swedish team at future cheer paris I saw on youtube and were amazing. The uk has around 15ish competitons a year which is good but most teams do 2-4 comps a year

Ye
Yeah I've seen it. I was rooting so hard for you guys. Sweden might be one of my fav European cheer countries. And viqueens groupstunts ahhhhhh. Just wow! I'm really hoping to get to that level!

The was I think they were swedish team at future cheer paris I saw on youtube and were amazing. The uk has around 15ish competitons a year which is good but most teams do 2-4 comps a year

Yeah i think there was a team there. or maybe even more. a few of the southern teams go to competitions abroad but not really that many. but yeah they did really good!!

Ye

Yeah I've seen it. I was rooting so hard for you guys. Sweden might be one of my fav European cheer countries. And viqueens groupstunts ahhhhhh. Just wow! I'm really hoping to get to that level!

Viqueens is Norweigan but we are getting close to them. but Sweden is not Norway.. YET..

Edited to say Thank you either way.

Viqueens is Norweigan but we are getting close to them. but Sweden is not Norway.. YET..

Edited to say Thank you either way.
Oops, you're right. And actually I knew that :oops:
Still love the Swedish teams though! And love Sweden as a country as well. It's so beautiful, and I haven't even seen the prettiest parts

Oops, you're right. And actually I knew that :oops:
Still love the Swedish teams though! And love Sweden as a country as well. It's so beautiful, and I haven't even seen the prettiest parts

No problems.. i sometimes wish that Viqueens were swedish.. Yeah some of the tams are really good in sweden too. Power Cheer Eagles are the team that i think are the most known but i mostly support Cheer Infinity Allstars a new program with 4 teams. They have 3 competition teams and 2 won regionals and 1 came second! in their first season!! So proud of them and praying o the cheer gods that the level 5 senior team wins Nationals this weekend and gets to go to worlds next year!!

And yeah sweden is a really beautiful countrie. i live in the most southern part called Skåne and it is really beautiful here.

Reading about all of the different rules in European countries: we definitely need a European Allstar Federation (EASF). And when we have one Federation, we might get one set of rules for all of the countries (especially for the divisions and age rules). And dreaming a bit further, teams also might be able to travel across Europe for a worlds bid. Because right now you can only get one in your home country.
And since this would definitely encourage more competition, I think a side-effect will be that the level of European cheerleading rises.
Anyone know how to make this happen?

Latest posts

Back