All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This probably isn't where this question goes, (and I know I could probably find it in the rules) but I'm building pyramids right now. Are you allowed to have 2 catchers in pendulums in level 1? Or do you need 3?

ETA: another question (and I did look at the rules on this one)- it says prep level bracers must have both feet in bases hands unless in shoulder sit, flat back, etc. could the bracer standing on a flat back pull a stretch or a lib or something?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last edited:
This probably isn't where this question goes, (and I know I could probably find it in the rules) but I'm building pyramids right now. Are you allowed to have 2 catchers in pendulums in level 1? Or do you need 3?

The pendulum rule went away last year. You can transition to prone (pendulum style) with the same two bases that were holding the feet, as long as the backspot remains holding the ankles.

ETA:
Pendulums

Pendulum restrictions were removed from the 2013-14 rules, making many more pendulum style transitions legal than in the past. You still need to be conscious of landing inverted and passing through an illegal stunt (such as passing above a prep level 2 leg stunt in Level 1 or passing above prep level as a 1 leg stunt in Level 2), but there is no longer a required number of catchers or the overthrow catcher.

The pendulum rule went away last year. You can transition to prone (pendulum style) with the same two bases that were holding the feet, as long as the backspot remains holding the ankles.

ETA:
Pendulums

Pendulum restrictions were removed from the 2013-14 rules, making many more pendulum style transitions legal than in the past. You still need to be conscious of landing inverted and passing through an illegal stunt (such as passing above a prep level 2 leg stunt in Level 1 or passing above prep level as a 1 leg stunt in Level 2), but there is no longer a required number of catchers or the overthrow catcher.
Thank you so much! I was looking for pendulums in the level 1 rules, which explains why I couldn't find it.

This may be addressed somewhere else, but did anyone else notice Allstar Challenge switched around their themes this year?

2015ASC_ThemesMoving.jpg

Battle Under the Big Top used to be in Atlanta, Return to Atlantis used to be in Baltimore, etc.

This may be addressed somewhere else, but did anyone else notice Allstar Challenge switched around their themes this year?

2015ASC_ThemesMoving.jpg

Battle Under the Big Top used to be in Atlanta, Return to Atlantis used to be in Baltimore, etc.
That is a WONDERFUL way to confuse everyone. I wonder how many people are going to register for the wrong event because they're used to identifying by theme..

It's like, business 101. You establish a brand image, you stick with it.

2015ASC_ThemesMoving.jpg

Oh yeah, I heard that was happening! It will be kinda cool to see a different theme, but yeah may be confusing at first.

Sweden is getting the level system full out next year!! Finally!! But my question is. for you international cheerleaders. how those the level system work in your country? do you have like tinys and minis too? in sweden you are not allowed to compete if you are under 10 but we do not have an age cap at 18. this is the new swedish level system. note there is a lack of level 4. do not know why. youth is 10-13 junior is 13-16 and senior is 16-. I think juniors are allowed to compete senior. but im not sure.

Youth Level 1 (Only regional. No national championships)
Youth Level 2
Youth Level 3
Junior Level 1 (Only regional. No national championships)
Junior Level 2
Junior Level 3
Junior Level 5
Junior Level 5 Coed
Senior Level 1 (Only regional. No national championships)
Senior Level 2
Senior Level 3
Senior Level 5
Senior Level 6
Senior Level 6 Coed

Im just wondering how the systems out there work. im quite curious about everything cheer right now. (and sorry about the massive post)
In the uk we have tiny and mini's and all levels and there is no senior age cap which is great there is also lack of level 4 here but the main division is junior and senior level 2

dont like bring attention to certain athletes, but read that a graduating senior received $127,000 in scholarship money for college. impressive, but i never knew 4 years of college could even come close to costing that much money these days, other then maybe law or medical school.

dont like bring attention to certain athletes, but read that a graduating senior received $127,000 in scholarship money for college. impressive, but i never knew 4 years of college could even come close to costing that much money these days, other then maybe law or medical school.
LOL yup. My school was $48,000 a year.

I saw that too. If I got that much in scholarships I would cry tears of joy every second of my life.

florida must be cheap, but then i figure since she attending out of state, the tuition is even more for out of state kids.

Oh yes. I'm a guidance counselor. Ivies and some other private schools are $50,000 or close/year including room and board.

Ex: Brown University -

Tuition and Aid | Undergraduate Admission

Some of the schools my kids are applying to with tuition at or above $45,000ish per year:

Boston College.
Sarah Lawrence
NYU
Wesleyan
UChicago

And that's just a few of them.

Back