All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've heard that the ISU is considering re-vamping the way figure skating is scored to avoid rigging as much as possible, as just a side bit of info.

They re-vamped a few years back to the anonymous system for the exact same reason. It caused a huge uproar, folks started a "new" figure skating ruling organization, that failed, they got banned from the sport, and it was all very Varsity/USASF, in my mind.

I kind of feel like the faction that fought against the current system is totally vindicated now.

2002 Winter Olympics figure skating scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They re-vamped a few years back to the anonymous system for the exact same reason. It caused a huge uproar, folks started a "new" figure skating ruling organization, that failed, they got banned from the sport, and it was all very Varsity/USASF, in my mind.

I kind of feel like the faction that fought against the current system is totally vindicated now.

2002 Winter Olympics figure skating scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The least they could do is weigh the panel more evenly. 1 Asian judge, no North American judge, but 5 Eastern European judges for the women's free

The least they could do is weigh the panel more evenly. 1 Asian judge, no North American judge, but 5 Eastern European judges for the women's free

But it might not matter. The French judge was the spoke in the 2002 fiasco wheel.

the current cheerlebrity drama sparked a question for me (which actually has nothing to do with J/Cali or whatever is going on)

but regarding the release of worlds athletes... if an athlete switches within one program's multiple locations do they require a release? like if i switched from Cali SM to Cali Ventura or CEA K-vile to CEA Charlotte or any ACE location to another, etc. etc. ... do i need a release? or does this all come back to the tax id #s and what is considered one whole program versus separate gyms? i realize that a coach from CEA Kville isn't going to call out CEA Charlotte for using an unreleased kid.. but hypothetically speaking, another gym could call them out and then they would have to produce the paperwork, yes?

ETA: I guess it doesn't actually matter, because i doubt there's bad blood between locations that one wouldn't sign the release for the other, huh? lol so irrelevant question. carry on...

Not an authority on any level here but.........I have never heard of 1 of our kids who had to get released from 1 of our cities in order to go to Worlds with another of our cities.

the current cheerlebrity drama sparked a question for me (which actually has nothing to do with J/Cali or whatever is going on)

but regarding the release of worlds athletes... if an athlete switches within one program's multiple locations do they require a release? like if i switched from Cali SM to Cali Ventura or CEA K-vile to CEA Charlotte or any ACE location to another, etc. etc. ... do i need a release? or does this all come back to the tax id #s and what is considered one whole program versus separate gyms? i realize that a coach from CEA Kville isn't going to call out CEA Charlotte for using an unreleased kid.. but hypothetically speaking, another gym could call them out and then they would have to produce the paperwork, yes?

ETA: I guess it doesn't actually matter, because i doubt there's bad blood between locations that one wouldn't sign the release for the other, huh? lol so irrelevant question. carry on...

You need a release if you are leaving one program for another. You do not need a release if you are staying within the program.

Would like to honor one of our cheerleaders, but need help with a gift. Our program is celebrating its 10th year and we have a Senior who has been with us the whole10 years. I have gifts for our 4 Seniors but would just like to honor her dedication in a special way. Any suggestions?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Would like to honor one of our cheerleaders, but need help with a gift. Our program is celebrating its 10th year and we have a Senior who has been with us the whole10 years. I have gifts for our 4 Seniors but would just like to honor her dedication in a special way. Any suggestions?

I've seen teams that do engraved jewelry. IDK what your budget is, but Things Remembered does really pretty silver plated necklaces that can be engraved with your team's name and the date of her first cheerleading competition.

ETA: Here's a link to a pretty bracelet that you could have engraved. Personalized In My Heart Bracelet Collection: Black Braided Leather With Free Keepsake Box, Add Your Message

I'm planning our trip to Worlds. I was wondering if anyone had any insight regarding the schedule. The information/registration guide says that Prelims start on Saturday for At-Large teams only. I have been told that Partial Paid bids also compete the Saturday. Does anyone know if that is true? Also, for anyone that has attended before, what time does the competition typically end on Monday? We want to stay for the competition the entire day, but have to fly out that night. Any information would be helpful! Thanks in advance.

I'm planning our trip to Worlds. I was wondering if anyone had any insight regarding the schedule. The information/registration guide says that Prelims start on Saturday for At-Large teams only. I have been told that Partial Paid bids also compete the Saturday. Does anyone know if that is true? Also, for anyone that has attended before, what time does the competition typically end on Monday? We want to stay for the competition the entire day, but have to fly out that night. Any information would be helpful! Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure that both Partial and Paid bids move on to semi-finals, which is Sunday. Saturday is US Trials for international divisions and prelims for at large bid winners in Small Senior and Small Coed, if I remember correctly.

I believe the competition goes until 8 or 9? I think it went pretty late last year on Monday.

If she's the only one for all 10 years, what about naming a mat after her? You know, "Go work on jumps on the Becky mat." That would be cool!

What's the best way to get your younger athletes to pay attention, focus and not talk constantly during practice?
Also how to get them to count to the music and not rely on the coaches to count and do every motion with them so they know where they are in the routine.

What's the best way to get your younger athletes to pay attention, focus and not talk constantly during practice?
Also how to get them to count to the music and not rely on the coaches to count and do every motion with them so they know where they are in the routine.
I don't know how much younger you're talking about but I had 5-6th graders. If I was explaining things to them and they were talking, I would just stop talking and for however many seconds they were still in their own conversations and not paying attention to me was how many extra laps they had to run. I would count for them and then stop so they learned not to rely on me to do the whole thing and count for themselves.

Back