All-Star Random Negative Rating

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MzLyn23

Cheer Parent
Sep 16, 2014
I'm not sure if this is on another thread but I noticed it on other posts. what is up with random posters or FB users putting a negative rating on a person's comment and then when they're questioned and they don't answer? I mean if you're going to rate my post dislike or bullying or anything negative at least tell me what I said or did wrong if I ask.... Is this just becoming like a trend?

Often times it is by accident when people are scrolling on their phones. If the dislike seems extraneous it is most likely not on purpose!
Yeah well I've accidentally pressed the wrong rating and there's an undue rating button so if someone asks hey why did you rate my post dislike or bullying you can go back and undo the rating.

Eta: I would understand if you hit dislike when you meant to hit like but rating something bullying that's a far stretch

Yeah well I've accidentally pressed the wrong rating and there's an undue rating button so if someone asks hey why did you rate my post dislike or bullying you can go back and undo the rating.

Eta: I would understand if you hit dislike when you meant to hit like but rating something bullying that's a far stretch
I would be patient! Sometimes I don't see notifications for a couple days after I get them so they probably just haven't seen that you tagged them yet. I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Sometimes negative ratings are newbies (or trolls...) who don't yet understand that negative ratings are generally used VERY sparingly here, when something is truly offensive, hurtful or bullying. I've only given one dislike in my whole time here.

Just look at them as Sass Points/Cool Points, like someone else suggested. I can't remember who, though.

Well if that's the case, I need to do a fiercer job. Sheesh!

As for the OP, I honestly don't think anyone pays attention to those ratings unless they get ridiculously high---so I tend to ignore them.

1. Turn off shimmy notifications so you don't see them.

2. You may have quoted or tagged that person but from experience I can tell you a person doesn't always get ALL their notifications. For a while I stopped checking mine because they were not always showing up.

3. Embrace the dark side. [emoji41][emoji48]

4. No bannings I am aware of since there are people over 30 negative ratings and they are still here.

**Welcome to Fierce Board, where we all enjoy ADHD just a....LOOK SQUIRREL***

I only have one negative rating and every time I see it I want to cry:(

I especially don't like it because the person gave it to me because I am not a UK fan, but a Louisville fan instead...but I graduated from Louisville...so did my hubby, my sisters, my brothers in law, my father in law is a professor there...give me a break, of course I like Louisville...I shouldn't get a negative rating for it!!!

Enough whining...I am done for now....

ETA: Cheer Dad...cannot embrace the dark side...the cheerleader in me will not allow it! And I have never given anyone a negative rating even though I have been very tempted!!!

I hate the negative rating system, particularly because it attempts to squash ideas and frankly makes it difficult to disagree and discuss ideas freely, which FB is all about and makes a message board most interesting ...
For me, I take pride in my negative ratings and wear them with a badge of honor and love that I incite that kind of attention from someone... YASS, Street Cred., I love each and everyone of my negative ratings, some of them more than other...But I only wish I can be at the top of the heap...I swear allegiance and give honor to the 20+ Dislike Club members...

PS: I must recognize that some negative ratings are mistakes and again mention that the positive and negative should be separated, maybe, the negative buttons "to the left"," to the left"(yeah, Beyonce) and positive buttons to the right...

Last edited:
Back