All-Star Rays Rumors Questions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How do you feel about super senioring? Would you rather kids who graduate super senior or move up to an open team and leave other spots for kids still in high school? And if super senioring was an option do you restrict it like you cant be a super senior and on orange but you can be a super senior and be on smoke.

Super senior is a good and a bad thing. The good is your athletes possibly have one more year to compete! The bad is that when an athlete is in college a lot of their priorities change because a whole new World opens up to them. Practicing a few days a week doesn't leave a lot for college social time. It would take a special athlete to move to Georgia, go to college, and be on a club team. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just means its a LOT of time commitment. As far as where the athlete goes thats a harder question. All depends on the athlete and that now we have three Worlds teams.

I really enjoyed watching your lower level teams at Spirit Sports in Myrtle this year and of course Worlds your girls seem very down to earth and from all of your responses it's because they come from a very well rounded program. Treating your athletes as people and not prizes is so important and it seems that the other gyms that are categorized with yours don't represent themselves that way (not all of them there are a few that do). Competition is important and teaches so many great things to our kids but at the end of the day theres so many more character traits that cheerleading can teach and mold a child to be. It's great to read that your coaches are taking advantage of the chance to make there kids better as people while sparking a little competetive fire in them as well.

I really enjoyed watching your lower level teams at Spirit Sports in Myrtle this year and of course Worlds your girls seem very down to earth and from all of your responses it's because they come from a very well rounded program. Treating your athletes as people and not prizes is so important and it seems that the other gyms that are categorized with yours don't represent themselves that way (not all of them there are a few that do). Competition is important and teaches so many great things to our kids but at the end of the day theres so many more character traits that cheerleading can teach and mold a child to be. It's great to read that your coaches are taking advantage of the chance to make there kids better as people while sparking a little competetive fire in them as well.

Thank you!

How do you guys decide which teams (level 5 wise) an athlete belongs on? Like is there a difference between the skills needed to make Orange vs. Amber, or Amber vs. Smoke?

How do you guys decide which teams (level 5 wise) an athlete belongs on? Like is there a difference between the skills needed to make Orange vs. Amber, or Amber vs. Smoke?

It's a long process that took over 30 hours to pick all our teams. We weigh all combinations and outcomes. It's hard to explain but we don't pick a team, we pick team combinations so ever team will be competitive. We don't 'build' orange and see what we have left. There are plenty of athletes on orange smoke and Amber who could hang anywhere on any team. We spread the wealth to be as competitive as possible. This also goes for any level. No point in having a very strong junior 3 if it kills your youth 2s.

Do you not have a Tiny team this season? And are Rust and Fire the Int. Open teams again? And why did Plaid turn into Pink? WILL YELLOW EVER COME BACK?! I loved Yellow. And is there a Hit A Ray contest going on yet this year?
:rays:

I think Plaid went to P!nk because of the 1 boy on their team. At least that is my guess. My question is "if teams get renamed because of team size /coach" why do GREEN and TEAL, no matter the size, always stay the same??

Do you not have a Tiny team this season? And are Rust and Fire the Int. Open teams again? And why did Plaid turn into Pink? WILL YELLOW EVER COME BACK?! I loved Yellow. And is there a Hit A Ray contest going on yet this year?

I didn't think Rays ever had tiny's that competed. I always thought they had them, but as a training type program for minis, for the next year. Don't take my word for that though, I don't cheer there.

I didn't think Rays ever had tiny's that competed. I always thought they had them, but as a training type program for minis, for the next year. Don't take my word for that though, I don't cheer there.

They've had a tiny team in past seasons, Grape. And Grape competed during the 2011 season. They were at Cheersport. :)

We are starting our tiny team again this week! We had enough kids decide to sign up and will have a grape again! Last year they had a VERY successful year and ended up winning NCA. Cute bunch! And, lawd knows there is a special place in heaven for people who can coach tiny teams.

Plaid was created because we used some junior 2 kids with senior 2 kids (grey and pink) to make plaid. Now that junior 2 is back, no more plaid. Yellow will come back if the kids are there! All teams are created if the kids are there. Even Orange or Smoke wouldnt even exist if there wasnt the kids for it. Teams dont exist SOLEY to exist. If we have the athletes we make the team. While some names are traditional and have been around a while, that doesnt mean they arent allowed to change. There is no hard and fast rule to it, it just kinda is.

Back