All-Star Reach The Beach - Ocean City, Md [4/1-4/2]

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Ashley, on the Road to Worlds page you have Maryland Twisters Reign listed but without an indication of a full-paid bid which they have already earned.

ETA: Nevermind, I see they've already declined their full-paid bid from WSF earlier in the season.

They declined a full paid bid??? Why would a team do this?

They received their full paid bid in December and their roster has changed too much since then. You're only allowed so many replacements for worlds. They'll be trying to get a new one this weekend.

They received their full paid bid in December and their roster has changed too much since then. You're only allowed so many replacements for worlds. They'll be trying to get a new one this weekend.

Oh ok. Wow. That's interesting.

I wish them the best of luck on getting a new bid. But what happens to the money they already received? Do they have to give it back? IF/When they get the new paid bid that means USASF gets to keep 25k because they technically won 2 paid bids. Seeing that they have won before and have had so many changes should they be allowed to win another paid bid or just an at large? I bet this will bring a rule change for next year because thats what USASF does.... Good luck to all those competing this week.

I wish them the best of luck on getting a new bid. But what happens to the money they already received? Do they have to give it back? IF/When they get the new paid bid that means USASF gets to keep 25k because they technically won 2 paid bids. Seeing that they have won before and have had so many changes should they be allowed to win another paid bid or just an at large? I bet this will bring a rule change for next year because thats what USASF does.... Good luck to all those competing this week.

This is not the first time a team has declined a paid bid and gone after another one. The next team in line from WSF will receive a paid bid. If reign doesn't get paid this weekend, they'll probably have a balance due to USASF.

This is not the first time a team has declined a paid bid and gone after another one. The next team in line from WSF will receive a paid bid. If reign doesn't get paid this weekend, they'll probably have a balance due to USASF.

Why would they have a balance due? Is there a penalty for declining a bid?

Why would they have a balance due? Is there a penalty for declining a bid?
If they get an at-large bid, they'd then have to pay the amount of the paid bid. Not a penalty, just paying back the money they already got that they are no longer using.

Is there a time limit on passing down the bid (i.e. 30, 60, 90 days after it was received) before it goes away? I thought I remember it being discussed a long time ago but I could be wrong. If not, congratulations to whoever just got paid from a comp more than 3 months ago!

Is there a time limit on passing down the bid (i.e. 30, 60, 90 days after it was received) before it goes away? I thought I remember it being discussed a long time ago but I could be wrong. If not, congratulations to whoever just got paid from a comp more than 3 months ago!

I don't think there's a time limit on passing down bids. It's not common anymore now that we no longer have Partial Paid bids, but teams used to get a partial paid bid months after the fact when a team would upgrade to paid.

Looking here (WSF All Star Cheer and Dance Championship) I think one of these 3 teams will get the bid:

Cheer Athletics Columbus AthenaCats MEDSR5
Cheerletics Royalty WI5H IOSC5
ICE All Stars Radar LGCOED5

You're right; they did. Awkward that I didn't predict them at all.

(PS we finally met today and your team is in line for a FP bid!)
I think it's because when Cheer World Omega registered for WSF they only opted to receive a full-paid bid? So when WSF was considering they had to consider the ones who were also only looking to receive a full-paid bid.

Back