All-Star Reach The Beach, The Last Bid Comp Of The Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This was the worst judged competition I have ever been too........

For example:

How does a team thats in 1st place day one with deductions score 21 points lower day 2 with a better routine and no deductions! Are you kidding me, I will NEVER EVER EVER go back to this comp. I swear every single program had to argue their scores with the head judge. Apparently the scoring grid they have is a "guideline"....ahhhhhhh I better stop now!

the scoring was very scary this year. i know that for all of session 2, the scores calculated on the final day were very off. a team that my team scored higher than both days received a higher total score than us for the final. how is that possible? while one of our coaches were up at registration speaking to someone, about 15 other coaches from the same award ceremony came up complaining about the calculations. It was clear that somewhere in there, the calcs were wrong, but ACDA said "everything is correct. we stand by our original statements" then later that day in another division, the top 3 teams were separated by literally .5 points. but on day 2, the separation jumped to 25 points without any of the teams having major deductions. another team's coach agreed with us and looked up the highest possible score, and the 1st place team was only 9 points away from perfect. that means the judge would have had to given them all 9's and 10's. i used to love this competition, but the scoring and calculations was clearly an issue and i never wish to attend it again. i do not mean to sound like a sore loser, because even though placements were not great, our teams performed well and that's all we ever ask for. i just believe there were major issues that need to be corrected.

This was the worst judged competition I have ever been too........

For example:

How does a team thats in 1st place day one with deductions score 21 points lower day 2 with a better routine and no deductions! Are you kidding me, I will NEVER EVER EVER go back to this comp. I swear every single program had to argue their scores with the head judge. Apparently the scoring grid they have is a "guideline"....ahhhhhhh I better stop now!
happened to us too! Day one we were in first with .5 in deductions, second place had 1.5 in deductions. Day 2 we both should of had about 1.5 in deductions and yet somehow they ended up in first, 12 or 22 points ahead of us.

Back