All-Star Really? Can't A Parent Just Be A Parent?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

OK...so 6 sparkly "I'm not one of those moms...I swear" shirts. Do you want the sparkly flasks too??? :p

I have to call my "bling lady" - although she is on here too (probably sitting here going "OMG...is she really going to ask me to make all these shirts???":eek:)
HELLO...7!!! How can one do WITHOUT a blinged out flask?

OK...in the "You know you're a Fierceboarder when..." thread (or the "you know you're a cheer parent" - I can't remember which) we were trying to figure out a "cheer related business" so we could all get rich. I do believe we've stumbled on one. It seems there is a largely untapped market for "sparkly flasks"! :eek: Looks like we're in business ladies!:D

Thanks for improving my mood with this thread! Nerves are a bit raw on this subject right now. :mad: This thread has gone to a whole new entertaining level!:D

Thanks for improving my mood with this thread! Nerves are a bit raw on this subject right now. :mad: This thread has gone to a whole new entertaining level!:D

well with our sparkly flasks, we'll be giving a whole new meaning to "one of those moms" - at least now the coaches will be GLAD when they see us coming!

OK...in the "You know you're a Fierceboarder when..." thread (or the "you know you're a cheer parent" - I can't remember which) we were trying to figure out a "cheer related business" so we could all get rich. I do believe we've stumbled on one. It seems there is a largely untapped market for "sparkly flasks"! :eek: Looks like we're in business ladies!:D

I'm getting a gang load of sticky name tags for Walk-through day (when we all wait in line, cps get fitted for unis, pay, pay, pay) and they will say: "Hi, My Name Is _ Not one of THOSE Moms..." Only mine will just say "I swear."

Come to Chicago! Weather isn't always so great, but I do know of this new awesome gym that opened up in the suburbs!:cheering:

(I'm going for the "Biggest fan" for next year's Fierce Board Awards1)

"Weather isn't always so great" - well you're certainly going to win Biggest Understatement for next year's FBA's! I'm getting very upset about the weather here. It really is disgusting. :banghead:

As for biggest fan...I think I have that in the bag. Or at least the prada category - seeing as how I am the ONLY person who just knows the Cephalopods are going to win Worlds in Large Small Medium Semi Un Limited Coed AllGirl next year!:chestbump:

As for that awesome gym in the suburbs...I couldn't agree more! First practice tonight!!! Woot! :cheering:

@Mamarazzi - please take your Just-a-Mom-on-a-stick to walk through and get a picture of us together with you in that name tag. Pleeeeeeease ?!?!?!?!?

Hate to tell you, but, no, they don't always recognize which moms are "those" moms. I had a coach last year, that I had had one conversation with in 4 months, and one that is apparently very "loved" by many fierceboarders, tell me that my reaction to something was basically Susie's Mom-ish. When I politely told him he was mistaken about what he thought he saw from me, he informed me that he's been around long enough to know what "that reaction" looks like.

So, tell me, what would all the non-involved involved, Non-Susie's Moms do in that situation? Would you tell this beloved coach (who has a huge amount of control over what happens with your child at the gym and could probably make your child's life miserable if he wanted to) that they might have been around the block, but they've never met a mom like you? Or would you just say "OK, King Coach, whatever you like," for the sake of your child?

Sorry to hear, but in my experience they can usually tell - I am sure there are instances where they are wrong - we all jump to conclusions in some instances, and get the wrong impression - I am only speaking from my experience and what I have witnessed...which may not be the same for you :)

I think I'll assemble a "Not one of those moms" survival kit. In it you will find:

-- obviously your membership t-shirt
-- sparkly flask in you gym's colors
-- @CheerMomNTx 's Guide to NOT driving your coaches insane
-- recipe guide to the best cocktails that can be casually made in your seat using only the contents of your flask and drinks that are readily available at most convention centers
-- list of possible topics of conversation for the parent viewing area other than talking about other people's kids' skills
-- headphones and Sudoku book in case Suzie's Mom is actually there trying to lure you into her web of drama.

I think I'll assemble a "Not one of those moms" survival kit. In it you will find:

-- obviously your membership t-shirt
-- sparkly flask in you gym's colors
-- @CheerMomNTx 's Guide to NOT driving your coaches insane
-- recipe guide to the best cocktails that can be casually made in your seat using only the contents of your flask and drinks that are readily available at most convention centers
-- list of possible topics of conversation for the parent viewing area other than talking about other people's kids' skills
-- headphones and Sudoku book in case Suzie's Mom is actually there trying to lure you into her web of drama.

--Windex for those days when your cp is soooo close to getting the skill and you've "Garfield-ed" all over the parent viewing area window
-- Xanax

Back