All-Star Really? Can't A Parent Just Be A Parent?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am very interested in my daughters life as well but if she is happy I am happy. If she doesnt come home every practice upset and saying she hates her caoch, team etc life is good. Kids need to learn the tough life lessons like they will not always be in the front, there will always be someone better at something, people can be mean jealous etc, and most important LIFE IS NOT FAIR! How many times a day do you hear your Cp say "it's not fair"? Well if they dont learn it you are going to hear it the rest of your life. I do not feel the need to sit in the gym every time my Cp is there and watch her every move. I trust my coaches and know that what decisions they make are for the team not just my child. I feel like there are a lot of parents on here that have a lot of anger towards their gym and coaches. If you are not happy in your current gym why are you still there?? Coaches have a very tough job and unless you coach childrens sports or you are a teacher you just dont get it. think about it... at your job regardless of what it is at any given point in time how many people do you have staring at you and watching your every move and judging everything you do or what they THINK came out of your mouth? Yes we all have a boss that keeps tabs on us and makes sure we are doing our jobs but can you imagine if they were standing in front of you all day staring at your or if they stood behind you and you could feel their eyes on you?? If you really think about it that is what a coach deals with. I make a point to be sure my Cp's coaches know how much I appreciate what they do for the kids and thank them for all they do. It is not an easy job but someone has to do it! If you look hard enough you will always find something negative about EVERYTHING in life. I have a son that plays baseball and I am just as interested in his sport as I am my daughters but you NEVER see dads getting into it with coaches, or trying to tell a coach his son should be pitching. Parents just need to sit back, relax and let your kids have fun! I look around at "those" moms and I am so glad I am not one of them. I am a happy person and i can not imagine spending at least an hour and a half doing nothing but wondering where my Cp is getting moved too, is she still going to fly, what did she just say to her... WOW.

I have a son that plays baseball and I am just as interested in his sport as I am my daughters but you NEVER see dads getting into it with coaches, or trying to tell a coach his son should be pitching. Parents just need to sit back, relax and let your kids have fun! I look around at "those" moms and I am so glad I am not one of them. I am a happy person and i can not imagine spending at least an hour and a half doing nothing but wondering where my Cp is getting moved too, is she still going to fly, what did she just say to her... WOW.

I agree with most of your statement. Except for the part in bold. Unfortunately I have seen it more times than I can count in baseball, basketball, volleyball, soccer and football. (Mostly football though.) At a Catholic school volleyball tournament I saw a Dad, from an opposing team, sitting in the stands screaming at the coach about how to coach the game. It was sad and embarrassing. I felt terrible for that coach. I've seen it with Dad's wanting their boys to be quarter back, pitch, play Center in basketball. You have been lucky to escape those Dads! I need to get your address, pack up my family and move to your town! ;)

Back