All-Star Rescore Of Medium Coed From Worlds 2012?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In Dallas at the worlds scoresheet class with les, he said that they did review the division on an unofficial basis. He said that him and a few other judges (I'm assuming from a different division) did look at it, however they all got different results, so the division remained the same.
Had there been a consensus, something might have had changed, however, how are you supposed to to change results without a consensus. I have watched and rewatched the division, and I'll say that personally I felt obsession or platinum could have taken it, but it was so close that I can't fault the judges for how the rankings turned out. It was a ridiculously stacked division with tons of talent.

For what it's worth, with MAG I had woodlands edging out panthers by a hair, but from my seat I could not see the fall at the end of the routine so I feel they got that one right after watching videos, I was shocked at the placements when I first heard them.

In Dallas at the worlds scoresheet class with les, he said that they did review the division on an unofficial basis. He said that him and a few other judges (I'm assuming from a different division) did look at it, however they all got different results, so the division remained the same.
Had there been a consensus, something might have had changed, however, how are you supposed to to change results without a consensus. I have watched and rewatched the division, and I'll say that personally I felt obsession or platinum could have taken it, but it was so close that I can't fault the judges for how the rankings turned out. It was a ridiculously stacked division with tons of talent.

For what it's worth, with MAG I had woodlands edging out panthers by a hair, but from my seat I could not see the fall at the end of the routine so I feel they got that one right after watching videos, I was shocked at the placements when I first heard them.
Interesting. But I'm kinda glad they do that, even if it doesn't mean rankings will change. At the very least, we know they're trying to improve the consistency.

Now, the fact that they got different results- do we feel that there lies in a problem with the scoresheet? A problem with the judges? Or is it just the nature of the game?

My understanding is the division was reviewed more than once with each group getting similar, but different results.

Interesting. But I'm kinda glad they do that, even if it doesn't mean rankings will change. At the very least, we know they're trying to improve the consistency.

Now, the fact that they got different results- do we feel that there lies in a problem with the scoresheet? A problem with the judges? Or is it just the nature of the game?

It's the nature of any game with a subjective scoring system.

Back