All-Star Restricting Tumbling To Your All Star Gym Only??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't see anyone venting or bashing, maybe my post could be taken that way, not the intention. Just a fact, my own experience i am speaking of, no one else. My cp would not let anyone spot a full after a few times of trying to change the rotation. I was responding to someone talking about being spotted, and why maybe kids are tumbling elsewhere. i didn't take speaking of my personal experience as bashing anyone. ECN wasn't a good fit for us, we moved on. A lot of people are very happy there. I have no ill will against anyone or the program, just speaking from personal experience and yes, things that make me shake my head.

Thank you for the clarification, I know that we have to be careful how & what is said.. as we know I'm the kind of warnings & infractions. -____- most unwarranted. :)

Curious, does that include cheer/tumble camps like Woodward or just classes & privates?

Curious, does that include cheer/tumble camps like Woodward or just classes & privates?

they are not specific, but I feel like it's more targeted at kids going to competitor programs and instructors..

UFOMom suggested someone come on from ECN and clarify and offer insight - but as of yet that hasn't happened.

i really have no opinion in this. but i would like to know if ECN allow athletes from other gyms to tumble at their facilities? or is that prohibited as well? i think the same safety logic would apply to tumbling classes and privates at ECN for non-nitros.

i'm just curious about the consistency.

Others are allowed to tumble at their gym. They have open gym and they have no problem with you being from anywhere else to tumble there, just fill out the medical release form. Its on their website.

i really dont think tumbling at other gyms is that big of a deal as long as you are spending most the time at your orginal gym and always stay true to that original gym.

D
Others are allowed to tumble at their gym. They have open gym and they have no problem with you being from anywhere else to tumble there, just fill out the medical release form. Its on their website.[/quote

double standard anyone?

My question.. is this a common practice amongst gyms? How do you handle this situation, if your athletes live far away & tumble elsewhere during the week? Your thoughts? GO!

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: June 22, 2011 10:45:25 PM EDT​
To: IDENTITY DELETED TO SPARE "IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL"
Subject: Important Please Read
This is a mass email going out to all members of the Nitro Nation.​

There is to be absolutely NO tumbling at any other gym if your are on a Nitro team. This has been a policy in our handbook since day one. This is for safety reasons. We do not know what these instructors at other locations are teaching and if they are going in safe progression according to the USASF rules and guidelines.​

Year after year the Nitro program produces quality tumbling in a safe and progressive manner.​

Failure to comply will result in IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL from the Nitro organization.​

This is the only warning being given.​
Posting other gym's emails on a public forum is so wrong on so many levels and this isn't the FIRST time you so kindly posted emails. Who do you think you are anyway??? Here's what I find amusing about all of your numerous posts about a particular gym.............you are obsessed with this gym. You put so much energy into talking about this gym. Meanwhile, I've never heard this gym talking about you or any other gyms, coaches or athletes. In fact, that type of behavior is not allowed. They don't carry around Barbie dolls like a child to make fun of another owner or coach like YOU do! I would be mortified if a coach from my kid's gym acted that way. My kids and their friends don't act that way and you, who are suppose to be a coach and mentor do. Shame on you! Finally, what angers me the most is that at the end of the day, all of the bashing that you do effects the people who are innocent in all of this and that is the KIDS! So please, act like an adult, worry about yourself, whatever gym you are working at this year and put your energy into something positive which is the kids. It's about the kids and not about the adults. Thank you!

Posting other gym's emails on a public forum is so wrong on so many levels and this isn't the FIRST time you so kindly posted emails. Who do you think you are anyway??? Here's what I find amusing about all of your numerous posts about a particular gym.............you are obsessed with this gym. You put so much energy into talking about this gym. Meanwhile, I've never heard this gym talking about you or any other gyms, coaches or athletes. In fact, that type of behavior is not allowed. They don't carry around Barbie dolls like a child to make fun of another owner or coach like YOU do! I would be mortified if a coach from my kid's gym acted that way. My kids and their friends don't act that way and you, who are suppose to be a coach and mentor do. Shame on you! Finally, what angers me the most is that at the end of the day, all of the bashing that you do effects the people who are innocent in all of this and that is the KIDS! So please, act like an adult, worry about yourself, whatever gym you are working at this year and put your energy into something positive which is the kids. It's about the kids and not about the adults. Thank you![/q

I don't see nothing wrong with the email personally! Just brought up another good topic that so many people agree with the subject. I understand you are upset if you are associated with this gym(you may not be) but I don't think he was attacking them...
I think you signed up and waited your 3 days just to post on this subject alone. It was dropped about 10 days ago! Just in my opinion no harm was done but I understand what you are saying if that's the case!

My question.. is this a common practice amongst gyms? How do you handle this situation, if your athletes live far away & tumble elsewhere during the week? Your thoughts? GO!

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: June 22, 2011 10:45:25 PM EDT​
To: IDENTITY DELETED TO SPARE "IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL"
Subject: Important Please Read
This is a mass email going out to all members of the Nitro Nation.​

There is to be absolutely NO tumbling at any other gym if your are on a Nitro team. This has been a policy in our handbook since day one. This is for safety reasons. We do not know what these instructors at other locations are teaching and if they are going in safe progression according to the USASF rules and guidelines.​

Year after year the Nitro program produces quality tumbling in a safe and progressive manner.​

Failure to comply will result in IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL from the Nitro organization.​

This is the only warning being given.​

As former coach, I can understand this rule for many reasons:

1) I understand some girls need to tumble at other places, but I can not tell you how many times kids have ended up with severe injuries from tumbling at other gyms. Some gyms rarely see talent or a skilled tumbler. when working a dull boring class, and all of a sudden "susie" walks in with a double. Coaches can get excited, which in return makes the kid excited and willing to "showoff". Coaches then tell the kid to try this cool amazing pass they saw "Kiara knowlin" do in youtube. The kid doesnt want to "look scared" and believes that those coaches can spot to the same ability or style they are used to. with this You lose consistency of coaching... I was trained to spot fulls/doubles powertumbling style and several other coaches spotted fulls "cheerleading" style. The kids doing these skills get used to the way they are spotted. They might change coaches and the minute they start to turn that full, freak out because its not what they are used to. End the end, the showing off or the inconsistency of spotting gets them severely injured.

2) No matter what you say, other gyms want business. They see a kid with a double and instantly start to offer them the world. A spot flying on a level 5 team, and everything the kid wants to be able to get them to switch. I know as a coach, even if a kid was awesome at a certain skill, I restricted them from moving on to a harder skill because I as a coach felt like they were not ready to move on. When they go tumble at other gyms, the coach doesn't know what susie has done in the past, and kids will tell you anything to get you to spot them on it. Or the other gyms coaches want to try to et the child in the gym, and let them do whatever the heck they want to do, to make them like their class better or to make the kid feel special. This not only causes issues between gyms, but also injuries.

Now what do you do about it?
We had a policy (since many girls drove an hour/hour 1/2 to get to practice) That if you wanted to tumble at another gym, that the gym and instructor must be approved by us first. We had several gymnastics only facilities in the area, and many highly respected coaches at these gyms (and if you have ever did gymnastics, you know how much safety and perfection is put into their coaching syllabus). We had agreements with several "approved" gyms and this kept driving parents happy, and lowered the "gym hopping" numbers to nearly zero. I also know as a coach, some kids would benefit from going to another gym for tumbling. Kids become used to coaches and other kids in their classes and become lazy, or just play around to much, and when they went to another gym to tumble, they acted and tumbled better because it was an unknown environment. I do not believe kids should just be able to tumble wherever they want, but I do think their is many ways to work out this issue. Find a local gymnastics only gym, talk to the coaches and let them know what skills the kids really has and what they need to be working on. That way there is consistency in coaching, and no ugliness between gyms.

Posting other gym's emails on a public forum is so wrong on so many levels and this isn't the FIRST time you so kindly posted emails. Who do you think you are anyway??? Here's what I find amusing about all of your numerous posts about a particular gym.............you are obsessed with this gym. You put so much energy into talking about this gym. Meanwhile, I've never heard this gym talking about you or any other gyms, coaches or athletes. In fact, that type of behavior is not allowed. They don't carry around Barbie dolls like a child to make fun of another owner or coach like YOU do! I would be mortified if a coach from my kid's gym acted that way. My kids and their friends don't act that way and you, who are suppose to be a coach and mentor do. Shame on you! Finally, what angers me the most is that at the end of the day, all of the bashing that you do effects the people who are innocent in all of this and that is the KIDS! So please, act like an adult, worry about yourself, whatever gym you are working at this year and put your energy into something positive which is the kids. It's about the kids and not about the adults. Thank you!

In the words of Maryland Twister Weathergirls, I say this to you..
"Step to Me, Don't think so Girl...."

I will break down your reply with my own replies underneath.
"Don't Quite get it? Listen Up, I'll Explain It...."

Posting other gym's emails on a public forum is so wrong on so many levels and,
this isn't the FIRST time you so kindly posted emails.
As I have previously stated, on this forum (I realize you're new judging by your very few posts) we use examples to discuss virtually every facet of our industry, divisions, scoring, competitions, rankings, uniforms, hairbows, and music.

This topic is no different, this was/is a viable topic, and judging by the replies that were posted here and # of views that it recieved, that supports the fact that it is and continues to be a hot topic in our industy. (As a Cheer Mom based off of your user name, I understand if you don't know anything more about the sport other then how much it costs and what your current tumbling/team level is. No fault there, just an observation.)

Who do you think you are anyway???
I know who I am, I do not hide behind the thought of being with an annoynomous login such as yours :)

Here's what I find amusing about all of your numerous posts about a particular gym......you are obsessed with this gym.
Interesting you say obsessed, (but that is your perogative to evoke any sense of the the word that you choose.. as long as it makes sense in your head. There is no obsession, I feel that you might have it a little twisted... I stand up for and behind what I say. By posting this email and any other messages that I have posted on here, it is contributing to the conversation on viable topics. (See Reply #1 for a further explanation as I do not need to reiterate).

You put so much energy into talking about this gym.
For anyone that knows me, they know how hectic my schedule isand the many different directions and contributions and organizations I work with on a daily basis. Please do not flatter yourself, and suggest that I put much energy into talking about this gym. This gym lent itself nicely utilizing policies that they have in-effect for their members, however, they also lend nicely to conversation on The Fierceboard.com That is what this place is for to garner conversation and input and networking for gyms across the country. (Again, I understand you're new here. You'll see that this website is a vast source of resources and connections that can give you the answer to virtually any.. well almost any problem or question you may have.)

Meanwhile, I've never heard this gym talking about you or any other gyms, coaches or athletes.
I find this hard to believe, you are controdicting yourself here. If you are just a "Cheermama" as your login suggests, then how would you know who I am, unless the above is being violated. I won't elaborate on this issue because I believe it to be a false statement on your behalf.

They don't carry around Barbie dolls like a child to make fun of another owner or coach like YOU do! I would be mortified if a coach from my kid's gym acted that way.
Barbie and Ken? Again, please do not flatter yourself. Unless there is some sort of self-complex or lifelong goal that I am unaware of. Again, I feel that your previous statement about "gym tlking about ou or any other gyms, coaches or athletes" to be false especially if you're making such accusing statements. I think you need to re-evaluate everything that you posted here and eliminate the controdicting statements. Thank-you.

My kids and their friends don't act that way and you, who are suppose to be a coach and mentor do.
I am neither your child, nor your friend. Additionally, if you have never heard anything about me as you suggest in your statement 2 issues above, then how would you know who I am or what I do? But, I will touch on the latter part of your again false statement. I seem to be doing something right, most of my athletes attain new skills at a steady pace. Additionally, I work with a vast amount of athletes from organizations such as Maryland Twisters, University of Delaware, University of Southern Alabama, Morgan State University, and even some from the gym we've been discussing. So please do not judge me, particuarly if you've never heard anything about me (as you suggested was the case above, even though I find that to again.. false.)

Shame on you!
Thank you "Mom".

This is all I am going to say on the issue, as you have not supported your issues strong enough, I don't think that any more correspondence or enlightening will do either of us any benefit.

Goodluck with the Mattel reproduction of Pinnocchio.

Back