All-Star Restricting Tumbling To Your All Star Gym Only??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You know you don't want to do that, they have no qualified tumbling instructors there...they all left too.....

I know, I just try to think of ways I could get under their skin now. So glad my kids go to a gym where all the instructors are certified and even show their skills out on the floor.

If my gym had that rule then I really wouldn't like it. My gym is 45 minutes away but I go there because they are the only gym I want to cheer at. But on Saturday nights a gym that is 5 minutes away from my house has an open gym and sometimes I go there just to tumble and have fun. So I think that like going to an open gym is perfectly fine.

You know you don't want to do that, they have no qualified tumbling instructors there...they all left too.....
I've been a bit out of the loop as I am vacationing in South Carolina for two weeks.. But, can you elaborate - I'm not sure I fully underatqnd what you're suggesting or saying???

So funny - I feel exactly like this. Our commute is much shorter this year than last, but it can still take upto 1.5-2 hours if we don't leave on time and hit "real" rush hour traffic. So by the time I get there, my patience has been gone for about 15 miles (in other words an hour ago :rolleyes:) Every time I pull in the parking lot I swear I say the same thing: "If someone so much as loooooks at me cross-eyed, I will <insert whatever horrible thing I've dreamed up for them here>" I'm sure my poor cp has learned more bad words on her ride to practice than anywhere else in life. :oops: We ONLY tumble on practice days. It sucks because I'd really like to come another day for tumbling but I just can't deal with that drive more than 3 days a week.
The life of a cheer mom:D

I see on facebook that open tumbling is free to a member of the gym who brings a friend.. I'm wondering if the restrictions are hurting the number of cheerleaders coming back or joining? Maybe in the big picture, this ends up hurting a gym more that it helps.

"Oops I did it again..."

I have intercepted a great email correspondance that will shed light on WHY this parent in particular has violated the topic of conversation.
I will be posting it this evening once I'm off the beach and back with my iPad.

In the mean time everyone say it with me..

WELCOME TO THE SHOW.

"Oops I did it again..."

I have intercepted a great email correspondance that will shed light on WHY this parent in particular has violated the topic of conversation.
I will be posting it this evening once I'm off the beach and back with my iPad.

In the mean time everyone say it with me..

WELCOME TO THE SHOW.

11aef7q.gif

popcornsjpg.gif

I can't take credit for this very funny animation, its hilarious!!!

Finally, here is an email correspondence that may enlighten some one this board as to a parents perspective.
The following email was sent to me as an explanation for what exactly is going on recently there.

The following email has had the names removed to preserve privacy, while enabling enlightenment.

(To Gym Owner), I figured I would reply to your text via email since it is way too much for texting. I still have some unresolved issues that I need to share with both of you. First of all, am I paranoid? Really? I am not paranoid; I am basing my “assumption” based on your behaviors. When I explained multiple times in my emails with (Other Gym Owner) that I would not be able to come talk on July 6th due to surgery on July 5th, I asked her if this wasn’t something we could discuss over the phone or email. Her only reply was she would touch base after the break. We are well past 3 weeks for that and I am just now hearing from (Gym Owner), still nothing from (Other Gym Owner). Is this really the customer service you provide? Because I am a customer and pay you for a service, I expect better that that.

Secondly, speaking of the service I pay for, you both admitted to me that you can not teach my child. You both told us that she was lazy and unresponsive to you and your coaches. I asked for (Gym Owner) to meet with her, which to this date never happened. Are you afraid of what she might say? I can tell you what she wanted to tell you, that you don’t believe in her and why should she even try. Is your mission to kill the inner child and her dreams? I pay you to encourage and teach her, you have told me that is not going to happen. (Other Gym Owner) sat down with (my daughter) and when she asked (my daughter) what her goals were, she told (my daughter) that she would help her but she didn’t really believe that was what (my daughter) wanted. That doesn’t sound very motivational to me. I am still confused as (my daughter) attended many of the Saturday extra tumbling, I paid for tumbling camps, and she stayed on Mondays until 9 for extra tumbling. How is that not showing determination and desire?

(My daughter) is very teachable, she just needs to know her coach believes in her and has the ability to teach her. Third, you constantly ask me about being paranoid. I think that your new policy regarding Face Book posting is absurd. I am a 45 year old woman with a ton more in my life other than cheerleading, but I am supposed to worry about every post I might put out there that you “perceive” is cheer related? I don’t think so. If I do not specify your name(s), gym name, or something to that effect, I can not worry about your “perception” that sounds like your paranoia that you need to deal with. Finally, it is nice to know that after 4 weeks you finally noticed that (my daughter) has not been to practice recently. Wow, no concern or issues until time to pay the bill? Once again that is not the customer service I expect or pay for. I am sure if it was one of your groupies they would have been reached out to long before 4 weeks. I see coaches reaching out to kids every night on social networks concerned about them missing practice, but I haven’t seen any for (my daughter). Hmmm, nice to feel like part of the family, I think I need a new family.

Yes, (my daughter) has decided she has no desire to be at (your gym) due to the fact that the two of you do not believe in her. She has found a coach that believes in her and has taught her more in one month than the 2 years she was with you. She is determined and motivated again. While I feared her complete love of the sport had been destroyed by your organization, I am relieved that the fire was relit by a wonderful coach. It makes me truly sad that I know of at least two other children you extinguished that fire in completely, I just hope over time someone can rekindle theirs too.

Meanj,

What is your angle? If the point of this thread was to discuss tumbling restrictions as you have claimed can you please explain how your most recent link relates? I am trying to keep an open mind but it seems as though you have a huge issue with this gym and are far from non biased. I completed a you tube search for this gym and they have great routines and winning records. Can you tell me what gym you coach at or own so I can compare the two gyms?

Back