All-Star Right Hand Right Foot Left Hand Left Foot

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just tried it, my right thumb was on top but I tumble left :confused: Guess I'm odd :cool:

Ya, Its a tool to use for beginning tumblers. Technically I should tumble to the right, but since I was taught to the left I just keep tumbling to the left. lol

another interesting thing while jumping after hitting your high V (or whatever you do at the top) what hand do you cross in front before you jump? mine is left

or when you clasp what hand goes over the top and what hand wraps around the side? my left hand goes on top and right wraps

i'm right on top with both of those, but left with the thumb thing. but i do everything to the right haha

I am left handed!!
But I tumble left, and twist right. My coach tried to make me twist left for YEARSSS, but whenever I twist left I basically eat mat. Haha. So roundoff fills and Arabians are kinda awkward.... -_-

I haven't really noticed a difference with right tumblers versus left, but now I will probably get anal about it. Haha

I'm weird. I'm right-handed, step right for round offs, spin left when doing fulls and doubles (if I every get good enough to work on those), but spin right when front tumbling (front fulls and barani's). The one arabian I've ever done I spun left but it was really high ie on the tumble track into the pit so I didn't step out...or land it.

right handed
i tumble right
twist right
but this is a really weird habit. i have to start running with my left or else i'm completely off and won't throw, and i can twist both right and left in the air? so i get really confused when i fly... i haven't tried arabians yet but i have a feeling those will be messed up too,, since on my punch fronts i can never step out with the right foot

I'm totally about to watch some videos and count how much tumbling was right and how much was left, I want to see which is more prevalent besides the few kids on my cp's team! Lol

I'm right handed and tumble and twist left. My sister does the same thing. My brother is actually really weird, hes not a cheerleader, but he is right handed and throws a baseball, football and everything righty, and golfs righty, but for baseball he bats lefty. haha he used to be a switch hitter..mind you he is only 11 but he's pretty good..but decided he didn't want to work his right swing anymore and left was more natural to him.

right handed. tumble right. twist left? not sure where that came from! maybe its because its the way you full down from stunts... idk but rights uncomfortable

opposites occasionally bother me, but usually only when girls tumble to the front, or if they are fulling into eachother. i don't think which way you tumble has anything to do with how fast you progress, and actually a lot of the girls on my current team that have the highest level of tumbling, tumble left. (just a coincidence though!) i also know a lot of people that don't tumble with the hand they write with so i don't think its uncommon to have it switched up.

right handed
i tumble right
twist right
but this is a really weird habit. i have to start running with my left or else i'm completely off and won't throw, and i can twist both right and left in the air? so i get really confused when i fly... i haven't tried arabians yet but i have a feeling those will be messed up too,, since on my punch fronts i can never step out with the right foot
what happens when you have to do a two step? you couldn't start with the left and be on time with everyone else.

Back