All-Star Right Hand Right Foot Left Hand Left Foot

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I write with my right hand and tumble with my left. I get my skills pretty quick compared to some other girls but i dont think it has anything to do with the fact that im a lefty tumbler. It doesnt bother me lly thiif people tumble different ways i actually think it looks cool when people go different ways. It doesnt bother my coaches either they just place me with peole who have the same skills as me. Since im a lefty i have to say i prefer lefty tumbling haha(i dont really care though)

Well I can update this now

My cp like stated previously is right handed but tumbles left.. But now that she has been working fulls I see she twists left too! Apparently that was the most popular answer in this thread!!

Btw, I know this is extremely old but it was probably the best thread I ever posted as I enjoyed reading this! Lol

Right Handed , tumble right twist right and arabian to death. I spot on the left, and my spotter has to be on the left. When playing on the tumble track I double down to the right.
When twisting to the left it seems like I have more control but the right feels like a smoother twist. I have seen some cheerleaders that have to double one way and full the opposite way.

I am righty, but cartwheel left.

Now what about this...my CP cartwheel/roundoffs right, but then has to take a step to connect the back walkover. She can do it with both legs first, but she naturally went to a back walkover with the left foot first.
All of my J1 kids are like this! I didn't notice until we started putting passes together, and then it became a problem. I got around it though...they all cartwheel step-in BWO. :p

There is alot of questions going on at once that I'm asking. Any input on any of it would be cool!

So I have read somewhere on the Internet that people who are naturally right handed, tumble with right foot. (I.e. Doing a cartwheel the right foot/hand goes first).

So I'm looking for insight into this. Most of my CPs youth team is right handed and almost all tumble that way. However, my daughter tumbles left first even though she is right handed with everything else! So she is backwards to everyone! Which is cool but it bothers me if things are synchronized in a routine and you got that one out of 4 or whatever going a different way!

Also I will say when my cp was on tiny's last year there were quite a few right hand people that tumble left! But idk If that was just because alot of them couldn't really even do a cartwheel yet so maybe they didn't know which one felt better!

So I want to know which hand y'all are and which way you tumble?

Does it bother y'all to see it opposite in routines, or does it play a role in who tumbles with who at your gym?

I was also wondering do people who tumble right progress faster or are certain skills easier if you tumble left or vice versa?!

What way do you prefer?!

Lol sorry this was just something on my mind!!
Thanks

Eta: apparently I can't spell hand in the title!! Sorry!

No! People that tumble right do not progress faster! Don't even worry about something like this. Everyone progresses at different rates for different reasons but this is not one of them. It is truly like saying you can help what hand she writes with ....you can't so don't stress about it. Just off the top of my head here are few Tumblers that I think you will agree that it did not stunt their ability to tumble well:

Dominique Moceanu
Gabby Douglas
Shannon Miller

I am right handed and tumble right.
There was a girl on my team last year who did a fwo with her left foot first, but had to hurdle for a roundoff with her right leg. In between her sycronized pass you could see the awkward extra step she took, but she was never off time

My CP's are both right handed. They tumble right, but twist left. They are both flyers and learned to twist left in their baskets tosses. I think this lead to them feeling more comfortable twisting to the left while working on their fulls. As long as tumbling has good technique the side they tumble doesn't matter to me. I don't think
it has any effect how fast they progress. I think that is based on a combination of things such as: how physically strong they are, how much time they spend in the gym, how hard they work, and their natural abilities.

I have heard whichever foot you put your sock on first is usually your dominant foot for tumbling. I'll have to test that when I get dressed later.

For the record: I am right handed, tumble left, never could do full by myself but when I was learning I twisted right.

I have heard whichever foot you put your sock on first is usually your dominant foot for tumbling. I'll have to test that when I get dressed later.

For the record: I am right handed, tumble left, never could do full by myself but when I was learning I twisted right.

I never heard this, but I ALWAYS put on my left sock and shoe first! I'm a lefty tumbler/twister, but I write with my right.

This is interesting. true for me!

I'm a righty... I cartwheel left and I twist right. I originally started twisting left but my coaches and I found I twist faster to my right where I couldn't make it all the way around twisting left

Im right handed and I tumble with my left foot. But i do my frontwalkover with my right foot which means I land on the wrong foot when I go into a roundoff I land on the wrong foot so I will never be able to do a front walkover through :( Also im more flexible on my right leg. for bow n arrows but I pull my needle on my left like a normal person.

Back