All-Star Rip Casey May

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think that video is the same girl. Oscoda High School is in Michigan. Ironically she was a cheerleader too.

The article is saying she was upset over a relationship, not bullying. So which side is true?

It unfortunately seems to all be connected. As wired in as kids are 24 hours 7 days a week today, it takes only the click of a button to shatter someone's self-esteem, image and in this case, a life. Words are spoken/written and once they're heard/read, they can never, ever be erased from the recipient's mind. I think that is a lesson to be learned here. There are many, many forms of bullying and no one is more painful than the other. We can't all be hyper-sensitive to everything that is happening in everyone we know and love's lives but just a little more vigilance may make (and save) another's life.

So sad to hear about all of this. Any links someone could provide would be great.. Im really confused about whats going on. LOL!

Wow. Situations like this are just so sad and never get easier to hear about. My prayers go out to everyone that knew her.

Although I'm sure many of you have heard about it, there is a real-life documentary coming out in a week about bullying in schools. You can find the information about it here: Bully | March 30 | Official Site The trailer alone was making me tear up. It's just such a terrible situation and it's so hard to understand why it has developed into such an issue.

And there is this tonight: In Memory Of Casey Alexandria May | Facebook

We will be releasing balloons not only for Casey and Jeff, but as a general hope and prayer that this opens eyes to the world. Again, apologizing for the numerous posts (and this is the last time I will apologize, I know.. it gets old), but I'm not sure how many FL Wildcats are on here regularly, I may be the only creeper mom on today anyway.

As for whether this was bullying, it will take awhile for any truth to really surface, if it ever does. I always admired Casey for her ability to be true to herself at her young age and it's tough to be different from any social norm, no matter what the circumstances are.

Also, we are at a competition next weekend in Orlando at the Peabody - I know Brandon and Cheer Express are there too, I would imagine many other local teams will also attend. I just request that you PLEASE come cheer on our teams - KitKatz, FierceCatz and LadyCatz at this competition. Many of them crossover to Fierce and it will no doubt be the most difficult performance of many of their young lives. Thank you.

I got that. It just didnt say anything about bullying. I was confused.

I am in Korea and yesterday I recevied a call from my husband because my teenager son came downstairs and asked "What happend to Casey from Wildcats?" We use to be at this gym and still have firends there. My daughter has other kids from the gym on her facebook so I logged into into my 9 year old daughers facebook page to see what was visible to my daughter. I click on one of Casey's photos with over 500 comments posted after her death, mostly positive or mourning comments, but there were still inappropriate comments from a few.

I don't think it would be appropriate to post a link to anything that would repeat negativity.
All that you need to know is a beautiful girl is gone.

I am in Korea and yesterday I recevied a call from my husband because my teenager son came downstairs and asked "What happend to Casey from Wildcats?" We use to be at this gym and still have firends there. My daughter has other kids from the gym on her facebook so I logged into into my 9 year old daughers facebook page to see what was visible to my daughter. I click on one of Casey's photos with over 500 comments posted after her death, mostly positive or mourning comments, but there were still inappropriate comments from a few.

I don't think it would be appropriate to post a link to anything that would repeat negativity.
All that you need to know is a beautiful girl is gone.

I really can't believe people would post hatred comments towards someone that had passed away, especially a young girl. I don't wish good things to people like that. I really wish our government would push some anti-bullying laws.

R.I.P Casey I hope you're at peace now <3 too many are taken so young because of bullying and it makes me so sad, I really wish people would learn that the things they say do hurt people. My thoughts are with all her family and friends and anyone else affected by her story xxxx

We will be releasing balloons not only for Casey and Jeff, but as a general hope and prayer that this opens eyes to the world. Again, apologizing for the numerous posts (and this is the last time I will apologize, I know.. it gets old), but I'm not sure how many FL Wildcats are on here regularly, I may be the only creeper mom on today anyway.

As for whether this was bullying, it will take awhile for any truth to really surface, if it ever does. I always admired Casey for her ability to be true to herself at her young age and it's tough to be different from any social norm, no matter what the circumstances are.

Also, we are at a competition next weekend in Orlando at the Peabody - I know Brandon and Cheer Express are there too, I would imagine many other local teams will also attend. I just request that you PLEASE come cheer on our teams - KitKatz, FierceCatz and LadyCatz at this competition. Many of them crossover to Fierce and it will no doubt be the most difficult performance of many of their young lives. Thank you.
Although I am no longer with brandon, I know that they will show their support. Many of our athletes and some coaches started out at Wildcats!

School Mobilizes to Support Students After Teen’s Death - Carrollwood, FL Patch

I'm sorry I continue to post so many times on this thread, but I cannot explain the pain this gym is feeling right now. This senseless act of kids hurting kids has climbed to epidemic proportions and I can think of no other way to help immediately than to just spread the word and respond to requests for information.
No apologies needed! It would've been wonderful if we had a way to shower her with our love before she decided to end her life instead of after. This possibly could help another athlete change their mind about suicide in the future. Any creative ideas out there as to how we could better reach out to depressed or bullied athletes?

what a beautiful girl!

no need to apologize!! you're doing a wonderful job keeping us informed. I think a few of us (such as me and UltimateRudags ) are a little confused because it just popped up as a tag/trend on twitter without much of an explanation.

prayers to her family and your gym family through this difficult time. <3 wish i could be in fl. to support the team at their next competition.

i only wish these kids, such as casey and jeffrey, could see the outpouring of love and support for them before it were too late. don't ever forget to tell your friends and family how much you love them and remind them that they aren't alone.

I don't think it would be appropriate to post a link to anything that would repeat negativity. All that you need to know is a beautiful girl is gone.[/quote said:
Our intent here is to learn about what happened and not to repeat any negativity. It's important the truth about these situations are made public so we all can learn from it and hopefully save lives.

I do not know if she was bullied but what I do know (without having knowledge of this young lady) is that she was in great pain to take her own life. My heart goes out to her family.

Back