All-Star Rip Casey May

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This breaks my heart. Rest in peace Casey <3

To those struggling, there are so many resources and people out there willing to help you. I actually just wrote an article for my school about the organization To Write Love On Her Arms, which is one of those. Please, please remember that no matter how bad it is, there is someone in this world who would be crushed if anything happened to you.

I know a lot of fiercers have said they're here for those struggling. Reach out to any of us, any time you need to. <3

The only truth to any bullying situation is there is a problem with the bully, not the victim. If we could break the code to stop bullying, it would save lives.

Couldn't agree more. And that's why we need to know. There is a reason (s) children bully other children. It's also important to know why this young lady felt this was her only alternative to stop the pain in her life.

School Mobilizes to Support Students After Teen’s Death - Carrollwood, FL Patch

I'm sorry I continue to post so many times on this thread, but I cannot explain the pain this gym is feeling right now. This senseless act of kids hurting kids has climbed to epidemic proportions and I can think of no other way to help immediately than to just spread the word and respond to requests for information.

Please dont be sorry, when this happens we're left with so many questions even if we didnt know the person, I feel that whatever you post can help us all understand a little more the things that happen and maybe be able to help someone.

Bless you

This is why the movie Bully needs to be PG13. Praying for everyone involved.

It's rated R but I will be taking all 3 of my kid's (ages 12, 10 and 9) to see it. I hope they don't faint in horror when I cry through the entire show. It's tough to be a kid these days, but it is also tough to be a parent. I commend Harvey Weinstein for the fight he has put up to get this rating lowered. What he says rings so true: We rate movies like Twilight and Hunger Games to make them appeal to mass audiences, yet rate a movie about what is actually happening to our children so high that many who should see it will not. That.... Is quite the tragedy.

It unfortunately seems to all be connected. As wired in as kids are 24 hours 7 days a week today, it takes only the click of a button to shatter someone's self-esteem, image and in this case, a life. Words are spoken/written and once they're heard/read, they can never, ever be erased from the recipient's mind. I think that is a lesson to be learned here. There are many, many forms of bullying and no one is more painful than the other. We can't all be hyper-sensitive to everything that is happening in everyone we know and love's lives but just a little more vigilance may make (and save) another's life.

It seems like the break up and the bullying was just too much for her ): I'm only 2 years older than her and I know the struggles of being a teenager first hand. NOTHING is important to take your own life. Things get better because God only gives you what you can handle. I pray for her and her teammates and hope she's in a better place. I also hope that those who pushed her over the edge feel like murderers right now.

It seems like the break up and the bullying was just too much for her ): I'm only 2 years older than her and I know the struggles of being a teenager first hand. NOTHING is important to take your own life. Things get better because God only gives you what you can handle. I pray for her and her teammates and hope she's in a better place. I also hope that those who pushed her over the edge feel like murderers right now.

I think using the word "murderer" to describe the bully and/or bullies is a bit much unless you truly have personal knowledge of the situation and that the harassment was over the top. Most bullies are victims themselves and, unfortunately, victimize others in response to their own pain and insecurities. Unless we try and understand both sides of these tragedies, nothing good will come of any of it.

I think using the word "murderer" to describe the bully and/or bullies is a bit much unless you truly have personal knowledge of the situation and that the harassment was over the top. Most bullies are victims themselves and, unfortunately, victimize others in response to their own pain and insecurities. Unless we try and understand both sides of these tragedies, nothing good will come of any of it.

I just have a strong opinion towards people who choose to put others down and have no problem with it, move on like what they did wasn't wrong. It just truly frustrates me that people don't think that words can't hurt, that they can say anything they want, crush a persons self esteem, and just not think about the consequences. Not think that this could be the end result you know?

It's rated R but I will be taking all 3 of my kid's (ages 12, 10 and 9) to see it. I hope they don't faint in horror when I cry through the entire show. It's tough to be a kid these days, but it is also tough to be a parent. I commend Harvey Weinstein for the fight he has put up to get this rating lowered. What he says rings so true: We rate movies like Twilight and Hunger Games to make them appeal to mass audiences, yet rate a movie about what is actually happening to our children so high that many who should see it will not. That.... Is quite the tragedy.

From what I can tell the R is mostly because of language. Sadly, it's probably no worse than what they are already hearing on the bus or at school anyway. I don't see any harm in taking your kids to see it and maybe out to dinner afterward to talk about the movie and the people in their lives. Any opportunity we can get for our kids to open up to us about their problems is a bonus!

I posted this when Jeff passed away and will post it again now. In August of 2010 I lost my nephew to suicide and know the pain it can cause to those in the family or even friends. I am willing to talk about issues or help anyone grieve at ANY time. I know how much it can help to just talk to someone so I want to be able to help others the way others helped my family and myself. If anyone needs to talk about anything at all and they feel they have no one to talk to, I am just a PM away. This is something that takes its toll on everything involved and while it will be a long process of grieving, I can promise everyone that with time it will get easier.

Bullying has gotten out of hand. I know TXcheermom recently had to deal with a bully situation with one of her daughters. Some of the things she posted on her facebook that these girls said to cp on the phone was atrocious...
My 8 year old gets bullied constantly at school by one boy and the school does nothing to stop it. It's gotten to the point where she has to defend herself when he pushes her, and then we get the phone call about HER behavior!

Bullying has gotten out of hand. I know TXcheermom recently had to deal with a bully situation with one of her daughters. Some of the things she posted on her facebook that these girls said to cp on the phone was atrocious...
My 8 year old gets bullied constantly at school by one boy and the school does nothing to stop it. It's gotten to the point where she has to defend herself when he pushes her, and then we get the phone call about HER behavior!

There are so many words I could use to describe your situation with your 8 year old. Horrifying, disgusting, unfortunate, ridiculous are the first that come to mind, but only after UNACCEPTABLE. I am so sorry that so many are dealing with this and the schools just do not seem to want to get too involved. I can only hope that one step at a time, a difference WILL be made.

So sad, tragic, and senseless. I hope Casey is at peace now. I also pray for her family and friends. I know this is a crushing blow to everyone involved. I do know that God can take bad things and turn them around to His glory. Maybe someone will stop bullying as a result of hearing about Casey, and maybe that will save another life. Either way, the bullying has got to stop. Sending love.

Back