All-Star Rip Casey May

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For anyone who ever thought they wanted to commit suicide:

When I was 19 me and the boy whom I thought I was in love with and was going to marry were arguing. I really felt like we were over.

I told him I was going to kill myself.
I proceeded to place a belt around my neck and pull is hard as I could. I was laying down on my bed and every ounce of strength I could gain I was using to pull the belt tighter and tighter. I laid just wishing i could die, I couldn't talk, I couldn't breathe, I tried to get up still pulling the belt as tightly as I could and I couldn't even stand. I practically collapsed on the floor because my legs gave out but doing that caused me to let go of the belt. I could not even move I just laid on the floor crying. When I was able to get up I noticed my face had began to look ghostly and my lips were blueish/purple. I cried and cried for the rest of the night. I realized I didn't have to hold on much longer and if I wouldn't have tried to stand up I would of ended my life.

Where the metal part of the belt was had left lacerations on my neck. I had two huge marks right in the front. The next day at work these 2 girls whom I didn't care for were whispering to each other and I could hear them. The one girl said "ewe what is that sh** on her neck".
I had heard them and I jumped at them with some smart comments.

All the managers came rushing over and pulled me to the side and were talking to me. I explained to them how those 2 girls always had something to say. One of the mangers then said "Kristen, that looks like it is from a belt; are you okay?"
I just broke down crying and told them about my relationship and about those girls always saying something about me. Some of y'all don't know but I have a lazy eye. I've had surgeries on top of surgeries and it just wasn't fixable. So a lot of times those same 2 girls would say something about it when I would walk by so I just got fed up with it.

The problem started when I was younger because ever since I can remember the only mean thing anyone could ever say about me was I had a lazy eye. Which led to years in high school where I felt I wasn't good enough. So my boyfriend of 4 years would hit me and choke me. Yes I would fight him back but he was way stronger then me. So because of bullying I felt like I wasn't good enough. So when I had someone who I thought really loved me I let him get away with stuff that should have never happened in the first place. Because of him I let him get to me so much that I thought my life wasn't worth living.

So be aware even if you say something mean about someone. Maybe that one mean comment won't be enough to push them over the edge but just think if everyone else does to it adds up. It may let them be in relationships that aren't leading no where for that since of belonging and acceptance. It may lead them to many different places that could cause them sadness.

I could not be any happier today without that boy! Best decision I ever made was to leave. I'm so glad I'm still here. I learned how to not listen to what others say. If I'm happy then it doesn't matter if you don't like me!!!
It only gets better I promise!! If anyone ever needs anything I'm here!!

I'm so sorry for this girl and her family and friends!

Kris10boo that was awesome. At first I thought wow this is long, but I started reading and could not stop. I'm sure you have family and friends that are happy that you are still here.

To the family and friends of Casey May my prayers are with you.

Kris10boo wow, thanks for sharing! I'd say things certainly got better for you, especially with that precious little girl of yours! glad to hear you're happy and healthy now! :) I think in these situations, it helps a little to hear from people who've been there. it's hard to wrap your mind around taking your own life if you've never been there.

as always, continued prayers to everyone who lost this beautiful girl.

Hundreds mourn teen family claims was bullied to death

Heaven just welcomed another beautiful angel. Words are powerful, and now with the internet they are forever!

The ultimate lie is when our kids believe that their lives do not have purpose and they do not matter.

On a side not.. I hear how some kids speak to their parents and I'm embarrassed for them. By the age of 13 I was 5'10 165 and my mom would have knocked the snot out of me for saying rude things to anyone, especially her.

Prayers for Casey and anyone who is dealing with bullies. What a painful way to live.

For anyone who ever thought they wanted to commit suicide:

When I was 19 me and the boy whom I thought I was in love with and was going to marry were arguing. I really felt like we were over.

I told him I was going to kill myself.
I proceeded to place a belt around my neck and pull is hard as I could. I was laying down on my bed and every ounce of strength I could gain I was using to pull the belt tighter and tighter. I laid just wishing i could die, I couldn't talk, I couldn't breathe, I tried to get up still pulling the belt as tightly as I could and I couldn't even stand. I practically collapsed on the floor because my legs gave out but doing that caused me to let go of the belt. I could not even move I just laid on the floor crying. When I was able to get up I noticed my face had began to look ghostly and my lips were blueish/purple. I cried and cried for the rest of the night. I realized I didn't have to hold on much longer and if I wouldn't have tried to stand up I would of ended my life.

Where the metal part of the belt was had left lacerations on my neck. I had two huge marks right in the front. The next day at work these 2 girls whom I didn't care for were whispering to each other and I could hear them. The one girl said "ewe what is that sh** on her neck".
I had heard them and I jumped at them with some smart comments.

All the managers came rushing over and pulled me to the side and were talking to me. I explained to them how those 2 girls always had something to say. One of the mangers then said "Kristen, that looks like it is from a belt; are you okay?"
I just broke down crying and told them about my relationship and about those girls always saying something about me. Some of y'all don't know but I have a lazy eye. I've had surgeries on top of surgeries and it just wasn't fixable. So a lot of times those same 2 girls would say something about it when I would walk by so I just got fed up with it.

The problem started when I was younger because ever since I can remember the only mean thing anyone could ever say about me was I had a lazy eye. Which led to years in high school where I felt I wasn't good enough. So my boyfriend of 4 years would hit me and choke me. Yes I would fight him back but he was way stronger then me. So because of bullying I felt like I wasn't good enough. So when I had someone who I thought really loved me I let him get away with stuff that should have never happened in the first place. Because of him I let him get to me so much that I thought my life wasn't worth living.

So be aware even if you say something mean about someone. Maybe that one mean comment won't be enough to push them over the edge but just think if everyone else does to it adds up. It may let them be in relationships that aren't leading no where for that since of belonging and acceptance. It may lead them to many different places that could cause them sadness.

I could not be any happier today without that boy! Best decision I ever made was to leave. I'm so glad I'm still here. I learned how to not listen to what others say. If I'm happy then it doesn't matter if you don't like me!!!
It only gets better I promise!! If anyone ever needs anything I'm here!!

I'm so sorry for this girl and her family and friends!

Thanks for sharing. It's so easy to see what others are doing and saying and think they are perfect and wevaren't, but God does't give us everything. Everyone has insecurities, everyone, deals with inadequacy, no one is perfect or perfectly put together. If we were there would be no need for a savior. When I see girls and boys dealing with these things like abusive relationships, I try to relay how beautifully made they are and how we are here for a purpose and plans for good not destruction is what we are called into. It's hard being a kid today and and as 12stepCheermom said, parents need to step up and love their kids and train them in responibility and accountability. I worked for a private Baptist school for 2 years and those parents wanted us to be educator, mentor, spiritual guidence, But they couldn't see that the mess they were creating at home couldn't be cleaned up at school.

Our families thoughts and prayers go out to Casey's friends, cheer family and family during this painful time of mourning and loss. We will be there in spirit this weekend.

Praying for Casey's family, friends and cheer fam. RIP, angel.

rip casey <3
and Kris10boo thank you for sharing your story i truly hope that everybody reads it because it is truly an inspiration for everybody and has really made me think twice about what i need to say as i am one to just say things at a whim without thinking and your story is making me change, so again thank you :)

I am in Korea and yesterday I recevied a call from my husband because my teenager son came downstairs and asked "What happend to Casey from Wildcats?" We use to be at this gym and still have firends there. My daughter has other kids from the gym on her facebook so I logged into into my 9 year old daughers facebook page to see what was visible to my daughter. I click on one of Casey's photos with over 500 comments posted after her death, mostly positive or mourning comments, but there were still inappropriate comments from a few.

I don't think it would be appropriate to post a link to anything that would repeat negativity.
All that you need to know is a beautiful girl is gone.
You're right, I'm glad you didn't post it.

Bullying has gotten out of hand. I know TXcheermom recently had to deal with a bully situation with one of her daughters. Some of the things she posted on her facebook that these girls said to cp on the phone was atrocious...
My 8 year old gets bullied constantly at school by one boy and the school does nothing to stop it. It's gotten to the point where she has to defend herself when he pushes her, and then we get the phone call about HER behavior!
If the school refuses to address the problem, call the police the next time he touches her. I would notify the school and his parents that this is the course of action that will be taken. You have no time to play with them.

We compete this weekend, it will be a sea of yellow - the color to support suicide prevention, a fact I was not even aware of 8 days ago. All Wildcat teams are all wearing yellow bows with Casey's name on them and we've heard of many programs competing at this competition showing similar support. Cheer love... it's kept these heartbroken girls strong this week, it's been a long one, and this weekend will no doubt be highly emotional. A picture from LadyCatz at practice last night:

CM.jpg

When I watched Power's first comp after the suicide of Jeffrey Fehr, I remember thinking that these kids were just so damn beautiful and strong, carrying his heart and dreams onto the mat and finishing what he felt he could not continue to do himself. These girls may struggle through their routine, but they will shine so bright carrying Casey in their hearts. I wish them all the best and all the strength to be who they are, on this weekend, with this team, and for the rest of their lives. RIP CM.

<3 Thank you... I was also touched by Power's video, we watched it so many times and were amazed by the incredible strength those kids had. Who knew we would experience this just 2 months later? One of Casey's close friends on LadyCatz, Tiffany, is filling in for her - she is perfect and it so touching, yet so unbelievably emotional all at once. Her strength is amazing and we are so incredibly proud, but keep her in your prayers as well... those are some big shoes to fill at the age of 14.

Back