Roundoff Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 11, 2015
One of the girls on my highschool team shes a really strong tumbler has been helping me get my roundoff . Some problems ive faced are snapping feet (my cartwheel is really wide) and leading of legs and shoulders when i come off my cartwheel i turn a bit so i face the side not forward any tips pointers

Focus on perfecting your cartwheel to lunge and handstands. Handstands are a skill that are used in almost all tumbling so the better you are at those, the easier other skills will be. For a cartwheel - start facing forwards on a line and end the cartwheel on the line facing the way you came from (think like doing a cartwheel on a balance beam). Once you've got that down perfect, it will help with the turning to the side and the snap down.

Work on round-offs off of stack mat (hands on the mat, so there is a slight drop-off from where your feet land). This will give you more time to get your chest up and feet together for the landing.

Do you have a video of your cartwheel and round-off? I suspect there are other issues (such as a loose core or bent arms) that are preventing you from snapping your feet together.

Focus on perfecting your cartwheel to lunge and handstands. Handstands are a skill that are used in almost all tumbling so the better you are at those, the easier other skills will be. For a cartwheel - start facing forwards on a line and end the cartwheel on the line facing the way you came from (think like doing a cartwheel on a balance beam). Once you've got that down perfect, it will help with the turning to the side and the snap down.

Work on round-offs off of stack mat (hands on the mat, so there is a slight drop-off from where your feet land). This will give you more time to get your chest up and feet together for the landing.

Do you have a video of your cartwheel and round-off? I suspect there are other issues (such as a loose core or bent arms) that are preventing you from snapping your feet together.
I dont have a video and i dont have bent arms and i always get complements on my corework during my cartwheel i can do snap off the stack mats but have trouble on flat

That was redundant i dont have bent arms, and i always get complimented on my corework during my cartwheel

That was redundant i dont have bent arms, and i always get complimented on my corework during my cartwheel
they were just trying to be nice by giving you basic tips and quick fixes for most people with these issues. Without a video it is hard for anyone to guess what is wrong with your round off so they covered a lot of good points.

If you want true help and don't want others to give you opinions on things that aren't wrong with your round off then just try to accept everything with a grain of salt. Listen to things they write that could help you and the others just ignore if you know that's not your issue. However since you are the one with the issue you may not realize what all the issues you are having are .. So a video is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they were just trying to be nice by giving you basic tips and quick fixes for most people with these issues. Without a video it is hard for anyone to guess what is wrong with your round off so they covered a lot of good points.

If you want true help and don't want others to give you opinions on things that aren't wrong with your round off then just try to accept everything with a grain of salt. Listen to things they write that could help you and the others just ignore if you know that's not your issue. However since you are the one with the issue you may not realize what all the issues you are having are .. So a video is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh no did i come off with additude im so sorry if it seems that i did

I got my round off today!!!! Im just having trouble woth rebounding
another tip to help with your roundoff is to have your hands in a T shape, with the first hand placed as normal and the second hand at a right angle to it with fingers facing your first hand. Hope this helps a bit

another tip to help with your roundoff is to have your hands in a T shape, with the first hand placed as normal and the second hand at a right angle to it with fingers facing your first hand. Hope this helps a bit
i already do that but thanks for the tip anyway

Back