All-Star Routine Video Sharing Policy

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

^^^What's interesting is that I can bet that there are some bigger gyms with no video policies.

...and those are the same teams that have videos analyzed by 30 people on Fierceboard within 10 minutes of them competing.

Our old owner use to be very strict no videos, until end of season. Not even a snippet.

Our new owner says she doesn't care, she would rather we didn't post the WHOLE video this early. She usually doesn't care come nationals -But she knows other people video and she isn't mad if those were to get posted!! So it's not a huge deal now.
She said we are just getting too big and we are pretty good that others will video so she just doesn't care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is videos posted on social media are YOUR FREE MARKETING. Like literally. If your gym is a good gym (you dont have to win worlds to be a good gym. we know what a good routine looks like) then videos of your routines out there is advertising to EVERYONE how amazing you are.

Dang it... I am going to tweet that.

Secret underground video ring... Wow... I imagine a room of cheer moms with lap tops, headphones, notebooks of score sheets and white boards filled with team names!:eek:

The sad part is, I don't know if this is much of a stretch for some people. I'll fully admit to knowing a hand full of parents who do just this, I personally don't have the time or desire to do it and when asked this weekend what I thought about one of our teams in comparison to another team I shrugged my shoulders because I watched our teams---I didn't actually watch anyone else's. I know that sounds horrible, but I'm just not that invested as a parent outside of my daughter and her gym. Of course, if I knew someone on those other teams or had a kid to cheer for I would have obviously paid more attention but we had a hotel room connected to where we performed so I jumped back and forth a few times, let CP shop and eat.

The sad part is, I don't know if this is much of a stretch for some people. I'll fully admit to knowing a hand full of parents who do just this, I personally don't have the time or desire to do it and when asked this weekend what I thought about one of our teams in comparison to another team I shrugged my shoulders because I watched our teams---I didn't actually watch anyone else's. I know that sounds horrible, but I'm just not that invested as a parent outside of my daughter and her gym. Of course, if I knew someone on those other teams or had a kid to cheer for I would have obviously paid more attention but we had a hotel room connected to where we performed so I jumped back and forth a few times, let CP shop and eat.
No, really ... They need to get a Hobby

Secret underground video ring... Wow... I imagine a room of cheer moms with lap tops, headphones, notebooks of score sheets and white boards filled with team names!:eek:
Or imagine the Mom from an opposing gym not only videoing but then posting said teams rough performance on youtube - and refusing to take it down when asked.
Yup - it happened.
Perfect example of the kids on both teams getting along great and having good sportsmanship and the parent trying to ruin it.

See also: there are folks out there who are out to only video SPECIFIC KIDS.

Yes, that child and parent choose to participate in cheer, but they probably don't want someone taking video of their child only.

There is a chance that that kid is trying to become "cheer famous" and wouldn't care if a video of them hit social media because then they'd like, be Cheerlebtlrities. Heck, some moms would even thank you for getting video of Suzy.

But sometimes, someone is video-ing because they have sour grapes about that kid being placed on that team or something like that and is trying to analyze a specific skill that kid performs. They have ill intent. That kid doesn't want to be cheer famous at all, but here she is, on the Internet eating mat at a comp.

Taking video of specific kids and sharing it (whether you think the kid/parent like it or not) is not okay.

Ex: I'd have a problem with someone recording my kid to analyze something he is doing specifically as a player.

Last edited:
Our old owner use to be very strict no videos, until end of season. Not even a snippet.

Our new owner says she doesn't care, she would rather we didn't post the WHOLE video this early. She usually doesn't care come nationals -But she knows other people video and she isn't mad if those were to get posted!! So it's not a huge deal now.
She said we are just getting too big and we are pretty good that others will video so she just doesn't care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I've seen you post snippets of routines, I like that! I would like to be able to post snippets of my kid's performance on my personal facebook for my family and some friends to see... I don't know yet if that's allowed, we haven't competed yet.

Last edited:
The thing is videos posted on social media are YOUR FREE MARKETING. Like literally. If your gym is a good gym (you dont have to win worlds to be a good gym. we know what a good routine looks like) then videos of your routines out there is advertising to EVERYONE how amazing you are.

Dang it... I am going to tweet that.

You should! Looking at old videos was one of the first things I did after we moved to research some of the gyms in the vicinity.

No, really ... They need to get a Hobby

For some, this is their hobby. At half-year season there was this mom who was kinda a drop and run mom, I knew her loosely but her kid practices after ours one day a week so I didn't see her much. However, I thought she was on the saner side of things...took until we were about over with half-season for me to realize she was a horrible SM that was obsessed with her kid's team.

Or imagine the Mom from an opposing gym not only videoing but then posting said teams rough performance on youtube - and refusing to take it down when asked.
Yup - it happened.
Perfect example of the kids on both teams getting along great and having good sportsmanship and the parent trying to ruin it.

I'm sorry that happened.

Parents can really ruin an activity for kids and perpetuate drama where there is none.

See, only time I've ever had an issue with anyone taping us... A rival schools coach who actually attempted to copy us last season.. Like MIRROR routine. This is an individual I used to coach...When I confronted them about it... They simply stated that they were trying to use parts of the routine to "add difficulty"... We as squads/coaches have very different objectives, styles, ability levels... But it was like a Clovers/Torros thing.. They do a lot of local comps that we do.. And to show up with the same material is 1. Awkward 2. Suspect
3. Unnecessary... hire someone to help you if need be. Or heck! I'll help you...and then you modify, We are in it for Nationals ... We have entirely different objectives...you have no desire to win anything past a local level. This year, I just gave up. Tape, video, do whatever you want... At some point... You just have to be concerned with what you're doing... And doing it well.
I can not believe though...what you are all saying, The parents, it's sad that they video kids to pick them apart?!

Yup - it happened.
We watched a coach from a nearby gym actually stand in the front of the VIP section and video one of our teams when they performed. And it wasn't like he needed to copy anything as he was a good choreographer; he was just being a doosh.

Back