All-Star Ruby Slipper Full Up Grip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If this is what i think it is its really easy
the girl on the left is the backspot, back one is the sidebase and right one the main base, all the flyer does is just stand up in a lib, the bases do the rotation and go to their regular places
i always confuse main and side in this so i am not 100% sure
we did that with 3 groups last season and if you only look at the flyer you dont see any difference at all[/ wQUOTE] we did that last year! For our senior three team!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

If this is the same grip that Spring Tumbling developed and is taking around the world, it is the best! It's complicated to get the grips for, but one you learn it it makes so much sense, and makes progressions from a half up to a double up easier and more intuitive.

If this is the same grip that Spring Tumbling developed and is taking around the world, it is the best! It's complicated to get the grips for, but one you learn it it makes so much sense, and makes progressions from a half up to a double up easier and more intuitive.

Totally wondering if this is what my kids are working on. It's been sorta tragic but the kids said it's a different grip than any of them have used and they keep starting at a half up and working it around to full and a half or double ups. Cp14 team suddenly clicked with it at slow speed (to counts we're still in tragedy phase) but they clearly made progress suddenly.

I asked about it specifically because most of those kids have been on level 5 teams or even level four doing full ups so I was wondering why the team as a whole wasn't doing well. "It's a totally different grip than I've ever used" was cp14s response so I'm wondering if it's this one.

@12stepCheeemom I imagine so, CA is usually on trend with stunt tech innovation. Previously, my only experience with that grip is a dual based double up. So taking it back through rotations is both amusing and disastrous until it hits! Significantly harder for bases to learn, flyers mostly do the same thing whether it's a half up or a double up to one leg. We're introducing it at our gym (mid-season, eeep!) and experimenting with base foot placement to make the pivot transition more natural for them. Also playing with backspot options with hand on thigh VS ankle for lower levels who are struggling with timing.

@12stepCheeemom I imagine so, CA is usually on trend with stunt tech innovation. Previously, my only experience with that grip is a dual based double up. So taking it back through rotations is both amusing and disastrous until it hits! Significantly harder for bases to learn, flyers mostly do the same thing whether it's a half up or a double up to one leg. We're introducing it at our gym (mid-season, eeep!) and experimenting with base foot placement to make the pivot transition more natural for them. Also playing with backspot options with hand on thigh VS ankle for lower levels who are struggling with timing.

It has been disastrous but it makes clear progress every practice (part of that is that it's summer and with people in/out someone is always brand new under it learning for the first time).

lol I did full ups like this all last year! Didn't know that this grip wasnt a thing everywhere... its suuuuper easy as long as your flyers dont try to spin themselves. And as like any twisting skill, going up first is VERY important

The spring tumbling grip from last year and this new grip in the picture is different..unless spring came out with a newer grip for bases.

Ahh, interesting. Does that mean the bases would turn/rotate?

This is the grip we are using! Side base is at the back, main base on the right in the photo and backspot on the left. Base group quarter turns on the way up! Only difference for us is the backspot reaches around for the back ankle so both hands on ankles to lift and help control the turn for a full up

this is the picture that caitlyn_the_camille tried to post, which was also posted on @cheerupdates:

BtZa5s3CQAAgSgC.jpg

I get the grip and understand the turn by the bases, but here's what I don't get. Say you have 2 teams of equal difficulty and execution, one does the crossed leg way and one does the ruby slipper way, is there any way the judges would score one harder/easier than the other? IMVHO the base turn makes it 'easier' and therefore lower in difficulty points.

Back