College Rules For The Basketball Court 14-15?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 29, 2010
Where can I find where all the exact rules (tumbling, stunting, pyramids, etc.) for college cheerleading on the basketball court for bball season?

I know them for the most part but I just want to keep up to date. Also, my team does not know them and I want them to read them so they have a better understanding!

If someone could post the link as soon as possible that'd be great! thanks!

As far as I know, the following is allowed on the basketball court:

Two high (high school level) pyramids
Tumbling passes that end in a back tuck (no layouts, twists, or Arabians)
Cupies with an additional spotter (no other one-armed stunts are allowed)

Last edited:
That was my thoughts as well.

And no baskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct no baskets! And I think you're right about layouts allowed. My coach told us just not twisting tumbling. But they last time someone asked about that was 3 years ago so could have changed

are full downs allowed?

Not sure...but I double downed all basketball season last year and it wasn't until our second to last game that my coach finally saw it (I was also on the opposite side of the court from her normally) and told me it was illegal...opps

I believe full downs are illegal as well. At NCA camps all teams are required to do their full downs on a mat.

Is that a new NCA rule? Every NCA camp I ever attended never even had mats and I distinctly remember doing all of the drills to learn how to full down and our daily performances (with full downs) being in the middle of the basketball court.

Is that a new NCA rule? Every NCA camp I ever attended never even had mats and I distinctly remember doing all of the drills to learn how to full down and our daily performances (with full downs) being in the middle of the basketball court.

It has been that way since at least my first year on staff, which was 2012. I'm on central staff so maybe it's a regional thing? @yooolizzi would know about your region!

ETA: I have rarely even staffed a camp without a full floor of mats, so that's so weird to me that your camps have never had mats!

It has been that way since at least my first year on staff, which was 2012. I'm on central staff so maybe it's a regional thing? @yooolizzi would know about your region!

ETA: I have rarely even staffed a camp without a full floor of mats, so that's so weird to me that your camps have never had mats!

i should add that i attended camps from 2004-2008. i forget i'm old sometimes and that my freshman year of high school was 10 years ago (OMG, just realized that.) it feels like yesterday. so it's very possible that rules have just changed.

Mats, grass, and rubberized track are all approved stunting surfaces. Basketball court is not.

That's at the high school level though. I'm honestly not positive what the rules are for college teams.

Back