All-Star Sandbagging Karma

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I

If it's not about the winning how come crossovers are always pulled from a higher level ? Safety isn't the issue, winning is.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Often replacement are from a higher level team because they often only have days (or hours) to learn a new role. It's pretty hard to throw a level 1 kid on a level 2 team as a replacement. (In general of course, I do know of it happening, but generally it is better for a higher level replacement.)

Unfortunately I no longer view Summit as an elite competition where you go when you want see the best of the best of cheer. When they start caring more about a fair competition and less about chasing $ maybe they can redeem their reputation. Back when this competition was IALC it definitely had it's shortcomings. But it didn't seem to have so many gyms stacking teams and had more credibility than Summit does now.

It just did not have all the athletes in one location with multiple IALC locations and a video rejudging of the top teams determined the grand champion. I agree though, unless I was ridiculously naive then as far as I knew, special teams were not formed for All Levels; it was just an end of the season comp alternate to US Finals.

Often replacement are from a higher level team because they often only have days (or hours) to learn a new role. It's pretty hard to throw a level 1 kid on a level 2 team as a replacement. (In general of course, I do know of it happening, but generally it is better for a higher level replacement.)

^^^^Yes.

When you are really in a pinch, like your Senior level 3 had an injury in warmups, you are not going to run up to your Senior 1 kid and say "hey can you fill in?"

Immediate next level crossovers are a luxury. Many gyms do not have Senior 1-5. If your options include Senior 1 and your Worlds team, you can bet your Nfinities you're pulling a kid from Senior 5.

It was a factor for us. Now ex-cp was on medium coed and jC5 all season. We didn't realize jc5 even had the summit on the radar even after we got the bid in December. When it became official they were going to go we bowed out of the summit team because it was completely Infeasible for work/school/finances to spend back to back weekends with the mouse. It simply was impossible for our family to do worlds and summit back to back so someone else filled in for her on the JC5.

Time out...ex-cp?! No!!

I've heard many parents say their gyms are changing their tryout guidelines this year and I don't think it is just to win anymore, as much as, just to be competitive going forward. The truth is we can't call something "cheating" or "unethical" if those that are making up the rules don't see it that way. This topic has been discussed many times with coaches, parents and athletes voicing their displeasure with multiple crossovers from higher levels and nothing has really changed. What I see happening in the future is gyms are going to require full team well rounded athletes with full team on level skills (tumbling, stunting, jumps and motions). If this is the requirement going forward, it truly won't matter if they pull in 32 level 5 athletes in to do their job. The Good? It will push these kids to be the best they can be if they want to move forward. The Bad? It may take 3 or more years for a child to move on. The Ugly? Oh have mercy, Suzie's mom is going to reach a whole new level of crazy.

Dislike :(
(she still has a few years. Who knows, she might miss it... ;) )
Wish I could be that positive. Unfortunately I kept my hopes up all season when I should've just accepted it then. I'll bet the rest of my sons tuition she never steps foot back into a gym. She was pretty clear about that.

:(

Wish I could be that positive. Unfortunately I kept my hopes up all season when I should've just accepted it then. I'll bet the rest of my sons tuition she never steps foot back into a gym. She was pretty clear about that.

Well MAYBE a positive here is that you only are paying for 1/2 the Teal Tour for this season? :D

I know how upset my mom was last season before my "retirement" but I'll never forget the joy on her face when I told her I wanted to cheer again. Know you aren't alone in what your feeling!

Aw :(
my mom was actually sad when I told her I wanted to do allstar again. If I decided I never wanted to cheer again she'd probably throw a party with all the extra money :)

Back