All-Star Scary Fall For Mich St Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I actually think nothing should be limited, I just dont think its fair to only limit one, when the other has many risks as well. Im playing devil's advocate trying to find a legitimate reason why someone could only limit HS. but I cant find any reason why this would be done. I personally think that people want to limit HS so bad because they want those girls to go into AS cheer, which is not fair in my opinion.

I've got to disagree with this here. @kingston 's not talking about limiting HS only. it's just that through regualation with USASF comps and USASF coach's credentialing, all star already has "limits" in place that just don't exist at the school level..for a whole myriad of reasons. the injury rates in those that compete in school cheer vs. all star cheer (flooring) are going to be different. with all star cheer, the decision lies with the USASF, gym owners, and parents to make the best mutual decision on how to not only improve the sport but choose the best (most qualified) gym for their children. with school cheer, administratration, insurance, and budgeting comes into play as well which makes things more difficult to regulate and see their repercussions. because honestly "cheer safety" is unfortunately not going to be very high on the priority list, where with all star cheer, to the USASF and the individual gym owners, it means everything. does this mean that more kids will do all star cheer because skills are limited in school cheer? probably. but I've got to say that many cheerleaders (when all star cheer was evolving/newer) went to all star cheer beacuse their school teams in general did not have the advanced skills sets as a whole that all star did. so it's 50/50....

What is tough about talking about these ideas is that everyone gets EXTREMELY defensive about taking away or changing their cheerleading. To the point that even if it would help them succeed more they don't care. They like the way it has always been. I point towards my idea of 30 being the new 'Large' division. That division has EXPLODED with teams and competition and large senior has dwindled down to 3 (albeit 3 very talented teams). Next year or the year after those three will join the 30 and then 30 will be large, have 40 to 50 teams in it and be as competitively deep as small senior. But it didn't matter now much I discussed, brought up, pointed out, people wanted their 36. Even if it meant cheerleading would suffer, no one would be in the division, and 50 more teams would be in the small senior division than already are WE WANT 36!!!

I get extremely frustrated because that type of person doesn't care about making the things the best they can be. They can't see whats wrong and identify problems and make them better. Yes there are some tough decisions that have to be made and in some way there are people who would be shorted... but as a whole and in general if it made cheerleading better why WOULDNT we do it?

ps... @kingston I meant to tell you I emailed @cheersafety after we talked but did not hear back. I know I can get very behind in emails and hoping it was the same type situation. I DO hope to be able to work with some folks down the line to continue to change the sport for the benefit of all!

Why would that limit what you can do year round? You only practiced new skills at games in front of people ? That doesn't seem safe. I used to practice all the time on spring floors year round in college and would be proficient before I would try them in front of a crowd.

We typically felt that we should just talk about trying new things at practice and then actually try them for the first time in front of 93,000 people. That's how we roll! Jk but seriously, the cheerleaders still practice in the indoor football faculty on campus. We roll hard mats out sometimes but we didn't always. And we didn't have springs. So by your standards we could only talk about doing toss extensions or standing tucks. Then what would be the point of trying to learn them if you couldn't do them at games? So our program would go from 36 pretty decent cheerleaders to 16 cheerleaders who only compete. And I'm not defensive about change. Something has to be done so more coaches become competent. I'd just think that 1. There should be stricter punishments for negligent coaches and 2. There should be Investigations into these accidence. Instead of (spirit leading) cheerleading or (completive) cheerleading getting the punishment, I think the coach should take the responsibility.

I think when you say "long live International 6" you can say R.I.P. Insert great collegiate cheer program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We typically felt that we should just talk about trying new things at practice and then actually try them for the first time in front of 93,000 people. That's how we roll! Jk but seriously, the cheerleaders still practice in the indoor football faculty on campus. We roll hard mats out sometimes but we didn't always. And we didn't have springs. So by your standards we could only talk about doing toss extensions or standing tucks. Then what would be the point of trying to learn them if you couldn't do them at games? So our program would go from 36 pretty decent cheerleaders to 16 cheerleaders who only compete. And I'm not defensive about change. Something has to be done so more coaches become competent. I'd just think that 1. There should be stricter punishments for negligent coaches and 2. There should be Investigations into these accidence. Instead of (spirit leading) cheerleading or (completive) cheerleading getting the punishment, I think the coach should take the responsibility.

I think when you say "long live International 6" you can say R.I.P. Insert great collegiate cheer program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. It is coming unless their are changes anyway.

What is tough about talking about these ideas is that everyone gets EXTREMELY defensive about taking away or changing their cheerleading. To the point that even if it would help them succeed more they don't care. They like the way it has always been. I point towards my idea of 30 being the new 'Large' division. That division has EXPLODED with teams and competition and large senior has dwindled down to 3 (albeit 3 very talented teams). Next year or the year after those three will join the 30 and then 30 will be large, have 40 to 50 teams in it and be as competitively deep as small senior. But it didn't matter now much I discussed, brought up, pointed out, people wanted their 36. Even if it meant cheerleading would suffer, no one would be in the division, and 50 more teams would be in the small senior division than already are WE WANT 36!!!

I get extremely frustrated because that type of person doesn't care about making the things the best they can be. They can't see whats wrong and identify problems and make them better. Yes there are some tough decisions that have to be made and in some way there are people who would be shorted... but as a whole and in general if it made cheerleading better why WOULDNT we do it?
No disrespect because I have a genuine question. I dont understand how limiting what high school and college cheerleaders can do as a whole, would help anyone but Allstar cheer?

No disrespect because I have a genuine question. I dont understand how limiting what high school and college cheerleaders can do as a whole, would help anyone but Allstar cheer?

It would protect the safety of high school and college cheerleaders as a whole who deal with much more inexperienced coaches, lacking facilities, etc. than All-Star programs do. You're probably right though that it would inhibit those athletes and help all-star.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/8908148

I've been looking for this all day! This poor sweet CP died in 2005 after being caught on her stomach by 1.5 down from stretch instead of fully doubling.... Should double downs be taken away from level 5 in allstars?

Staying on MSU cheerleader. Does the fact that she only has a "goose egg" prove that basketball courts aren't as dangerous as we think they are?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/8908148

I've been looking for this all day! This poor sweet CP died in 2005 after being caught on her stomach by 1.5 down from stretch instead of fully doubling.... Should double downs be taken away from level 5 in allstars?

Staying on MSU cheerleader. Does the fact that she only has a "goose egg" prove that basketball courts aren't as dangerous as we think they are?

She was a high schooler who had a disease (I think mono) so the incomplete double ruptured her spleen.

She publicly has a goose egg. I'm not trying to start a conspiracy but I've had many goose eggs and not been immobile in the middle of a basketball court for eight minutes as well as taken off a stretcher.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

The question is do you believe it is a problem that high school and college Cheerleading have a higher rate of injury and more serious incidence than Allstar? Answer that and I can give you the reasoning.

Back