All-Star Scavenger Hunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It depends on how large or small the groups are.....the more people = the more crazy it gets. Also the amount of limbs allowed to touch the floor can be adjusted if it is larger groups, to avoid injury.

We did a scavenger hunt last year with our youth team - watching the groups in action and the pictures / videos was hilarious!
This was a 2-day competition at an amusement park.

Here is what they did:

Pictures with the whole group:
- in a rollercoaster
- with coaches in their pjs
- with juniors / seniors that just came out of the shower (dressed of course!, but no make-up and wet hair)
- with most characters in one picture (there were spongebob, dora the explorer, etc.)
- "my base is my flyer"
- get an application form to work in the amusement park
- find as many members as possible from a certain team and take pictures with funny faces with them (@HeatUniqueJ and her team was involved in that one)
- change uniforms with another team
- "I'll find myself a new coach"
- everyone sharing one drink (with straws)
- a kissing couple that you cheer on
- be a display dummy in a store
- "I can't believe we all fit in here"
- reflection of the whole group (not in a mirror)
- make scary faces with the help of a flashlight

pictures with at last one group member:
- fans of another team cheer for me /us
- every team member needs to find someone with the same name (the ones with really difficult (foreign) names had to find someone that shared the first letter of their name)
- every team member needs to find someone with the same zodiac sign
- shake hands with someone wearing a full beard
- hug a stranger
- stand next to a statue

videos:
- get an amusement park staff member to sing the national anthem
- pretend there is a dramatic earthquake in the amusement park

We didn't want to make it too difficult for them and at the same time get them to talk to other teams /cheerleaders because our teams tend to not do that a lot (unfortunately). This really showed them that cheerleaders /fans from other gyms are just as nice and fun as everyone from our gym :)

We let the kids split up on their own but made sure that the groups they made were split up fair.
The winner group got a spongebob pencil and eraser (because spongebob was one of the main park characters), and everyone got a sweet.

okay, here's my question ... what is a good timing for all this?

When do the teams go out collecting? before going to warm ups? in between competing on day 2 and awards???

When did everyone look at all the pictures and/or videos and decide who the winner was? Did everyone gather in a group at the competiton and look at a bunch of individual phone camera pictures or did each team send their pictures to the coach or team mom who was running the scavenger hunt and points were awarded once all was submitted?

For the timing, it depends on when your team is competing.....however I wouldnt reccomend it before warm-ups or your competition time unless you go on at 6pm or later and actually have a free morning. Otherwise the kids can get too focused on the scavenger hunt and not enough on preparing to compete. Arrival/practice day, After they compete day 1, or after they compete day 2 but prior to awards are good times depending again on when you compete.

For tallying who won, I had a laptop and downloaded each of the camera memory cards of the competing teams' cameras (different folder for each camera) and then tallied how many points each team got as the memory cards came in. The funniest ones definately got into the end of year video/slideshow...... :)

Just saying I would not do the 'ask someone to wear their uniform'. I was at a comp and someone asked if they could wear my uni and of course I said no. Maybe I'm just a party pooper but I didnt want a random person wearing my brand new 200 dollar uniform.

For those of you going to UCA, they will actually be hosting a scavenger hunt of their own. If you participate, you get a UCA pin and a possiblity to win bigger prizes.

Also, for ANY competition at disney there are so many great photo ops at the parks! Heart of Texas Cheer did one last year at worlds and it looked so fun! They have a list of what they used here: Heart of Texas Cheer & Dance - Photos

Some additional disney ones could be:
-picture of floating pennies on Tower of Terror (put a penny on your knee before the ride starts, and it will float on the drops)
-picture with the giant megaphone at Allstar Sports Resort
-picture with the ESPN globe statue at Wide World of Sports
-picture with everyone wearing princess crowns
-picture with a mickey mouse shaped food product
-getting "chomped" by the dinosaur head statue in the Dinosaur ride line
-being an astronaut on mission space
-hitting your best rock n roll pose at or on Rockin' Rollercoaster
-BONUS: a picture of someone getting chosen to participate in a show (has to be actually chosen, no cheating!)
-Getting a picture with someone's look alike Disney character
-Wearing 3D glasses at either Phillarmagic, It's a Bugs Life, Muppets 3D or Honey I Shrunk the Audience
-Group picture with fireworks in the background

Back