All-Star Scavenger Hunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My kids are going to Chicago this weekend for the American Classic Nationals, and I really want to do a scavenger hunt. I've seen lots of talk about this happening at other comps, but I need details.
First, this is my first time doing this, so I really need ideas. I have a few things, but could reallllllly use some more help. What did you guys look for? What was on the list?
Second, what were prizes? Logistics? How did you split up into teams? I'm thinking about letting the girls form their own groups of 3-5 (since I know some won't want to do it) but I also don't want someone left out or without a group.
Third, I know some people on here are from teams attending. Is anyone willing to be part of it? I know GBE will be there, along with a lot of Illinois teams. I don't want to freak people out, but I want to put some hard ones too. :)

GIVE ME IDEAS! I'm super excited about this, and want it to be a really fun time for my girls. I promise if you are at the competition and see them doing this my kids are really sweet and goofy and will love it if you help them!

Good Luck! Please let us know how it goes and what you learn from doing it for the first time! We're at Cheersport this weekend and with our whole gym there I think we'll be too busy supporting other teams to fit a scavenger hunt in. But maybe the next weekend at NCA???

My kids had a great time! They loved meeting the other teams (even if some of them thought they were crazy). They had a reason to talk and have fun with other girls, and had fun doing the silly tasks. I gave all the girls that participated a bag with chocolate covered pretzels in the team colors, and the winners I'm still calculating and trying to figure out a gift for. If you have ideas, let me know! :)

My kids had a great time! They loved meeting the other teams (even if some of them thought they were crazy). They had a reason to talk and have fun with other girls, and had fun doing the silly tasks. I gave all the girls that participated a bag with chocolate covered pretzels in the team colors, and the winners I'm still calculating and trying to figure out a gift for. If you have ideas, let me know! :)

You can start by posting their winning pictures in the gym ... I'm sure they'll love being famous!

For those of you going to NCA, here's some fun ones to do around the convention center area:
- Picture with the cattle drive statue outside the convention center
- A Picture with Toby or Tina the NCA tigers! (+5 if its with both, +10 if its both PLUS an NCA staffer)
- A picture of a teammate or gym mom waiting for starbucks!
- A picture with someone that has a Fierce Bow
- A picture of your group on the escalators
- Hitting a "Rock on" pose with as many NCA staffers as you can (These can be seperate photos. +10 for the most)
- Getting another team to do an air guitar jam session with you
- A picture with the words "Dallas" in it
-A picture with cowboy hats on
- A picture of your group getting Free Stuff! Wahoo!
-A picture of your group being goofy at the play center/whatever blow up obstacle courses or activities they have set up this year

I did a scavenger hunt with my J5 team this weekend. It was a lot of fun!

Here was the scavenger hunt I put together. A lot of ideas I got out of this thread:

ScreenShot2012-03-12at35519AM.png

I asked a few of the kids - They said everyone was SOOOO willing to participate and was super fun!

How did you tally scores? Did they just show you pics/ vid?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

I'm interested to hear this too... The convention center where we will be this weekend has free wifi and since all the kiddos have ipods/iphones/ipads I think I'll just have them post them to their team pages on facebook?

Im doing it at practice tonight. Ill have a team leader who I will run down the list and each group will show me the pic of video!

Back