High School Schools that do not follow safety rules: Is there anything we can do?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Contact the High School League for that state and send them the video. You may also want to try to rip it off of youtube before it gets taken down.

Despite all of their illegal stunts, they're actually very good.

The judges need to be taught how to give deductions as well. If a team loses because they do illegal stuff they won't do it anymore.

Reporting it like this is right though, I am happy you brought it up cheerforeverever. Anyone can e-mail Jim Lord and send him this information. If you're not sure though, please bring it up to anyone you feel comfortable e-mailing until we can slowly stop this unsafe stuff from putting HS kids at serious. risk.

Jim is contacting the school.

Glad that got taken care of so quickly! Haha you rock ACEDAD!

at least theyre better than a majority of allstar senior teams.

yeah for high school they are. level 5 they arent. in high school you cant flip hardly at all. of course there are exceptions. but from an extended 1 legged stunt- def illegal.

Here is Jim's response:

"Bill, thank you for alerting me to this. I've contacted the coach with a specific list of the illegal skills along with the time codes on the video. We've had several emails back and forth and I feel very good that this issue is going to be addressed at not only the school but the district level. This is in Texas, where they do have a requirement for NFHS rules (http://www.uiltexas.org/files/policy/2010-11-orientation-packet.pdf) at UIL games which is all the state association can govern. They are not very involved in cheer however, so much of the enforcement falls on the individual districts. Apparently other schools are doing similar things at pep rallies, where they are technically not "at UIL events". So, she is going to take this to the district so they can make it clear that the UIL requirement extends to all cheer events in the district.

She is also giving the all star coach that gave them the choreography my email and a message to contact me if they have any questions. That email includes the importance of following the rule restrictions for each level - all star, high school, etc. to help minimize injury and to protect the school district from liability exposure. Thanks to you and the original poster for bringing this up. I contact around five or so coaches or administrators a week with these kinds of situations. Anyone can feel free to send me similar issues directly to [email protected]. Of course, video like this helps immensely."

does anyone remember stingray unlimited in 07-08? Their pyramid did the same thing except the guy barely holds the girls foot. Why doesnt anyone complain about them?

Back