All-Star Senior 4.2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2010
I am in love with senior 4.2 and I would love to see it be more than just seniors on this level. How do you all feel about that?

4.2 is designed for girls that are senior aged since girls who start cheer later are better stunters but pick up tumbling slowly. So youth or juniors as a 4.2 division would not serve that purpose and would counteract everything USASF does to promote progression.
Besides, seniors is 18 and under so it's not like younger girls can't be on it..

I agree. The point of 4.2 is to encourage participation by older girls who do not have higher levels of tumbling but would like to continue to be challenged with their stunting ability. IMO expanding this to juniors etc could just increase the chance that inexperienced kids might be doing these level 4 stunts (including inversions etc) which can be tricky and/dangerous if not done correctly.

I'm not a fan of the mixed level teams beyond 4.2 and I have to say that some of the worst accidents I've heard of have been at 4.2. . .

i am not a fan of 4.2! people say its for seniors that join late that are better stunters then tumblers but stunting would take alot of time to get the hang of also. if you are new then just be a senior 2!!! and be proud of that we dont need to make up levels to fit peoples "special skills", plus level four and level 2 are TWO TOTALLY WAY diffrent levels you cant just put them together and just call it a level. its just not right.

since when does having a FRACTION of a level make since, pretty soon we will start having level 5.3 and 2.4 does that really make since. i believe people should find a WHOLE NUMBER level thats best for them and stay in it until they get better, then they advance.

i know i know the majority of people on here will not agree with me about this situation i just really dont get why someone needed to make up another level.

i am not a fan of 4.2! people say its for seniors that join late that are better stunters then tumblers but stunting would take alot of time to get the hang of also. if you are new then just be a senior 2!!! and be proud of that we dont need to make up levels to fit peoples "special skills", plus level four and level 2 are TWO TOTALLY WAY diffrent levels you cant just put them together and just call it a level. its just not right.

since when does having a FRACTION of a level make since, pretty soon we will start having level 5.3 and 2.4 does that really make since. i believe people should find a WHOLE NUMBER level thats best for them and stay in it until they get better, then they advance.

i know i know the majority of people on here will not agree with me about this situation i just really dont get why someone needed to make up another level.
i think that everyone should have a chance to show there skills even if your skill is strong tumbling. and the hole point of a senior 4.2 is for the girls that are good cheerleaders but dont have the tumbling they need. my gym has a 4.2 that im on. i am not the best tumbler but if you tell me to base an express up i will have no problem. i am a strong base and my tumbling is getting better from training at a level 4..i understand how you could think that its a little strange, level 2 and level 4 combining but honestly it gives people confidence when you stunt the way you do on level 4. and it makes people wanna get there tumbling..

all in all 4.2 deserves as much credit as any other level. :)

Back