All-Star Senior Open Coed 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree if you know Kingston enough you will know that is pure scarasim. My girls are new to a Sr 5 Co-Ed open this year. And they are enjoying it. We have relocated and are currently in Louisiana. They work their butts off!!

This division seems like an excuse to be lazy when working on tumbling. Jussayin.

But whatev.

Edit: My response is based on what little I know about Sr Open 5 lol.

This does kinda sound mean. =/ Sorry. I don't think anyone on a Sr Open 5 team is lazy, and I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just don't see the point in the division other than not needing a double. To me it would make more sense to join a regular level 5 team and work harder for a double. You would think it a bit silly to have a Sr Open 4 division just so you can do tucks instead of layouts would you not?

But who knows, I may be missing something. If there is a reason for this division other than lessening the tumbling difficulty then please fill me in. If doubles were wayyyy more dangerous than single fulls then I would understand.

Btw I don't represent GT at all, that's why I put "I do not cheer for Louisville or GymTyme ...yet." right under it.

This does kinda sound mean. =/ Sorry. I don't think anyone on a Sr Open 5 team is lazy, and I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just don't see the point in the division other than not needing a double. To me it would make more sense to join a regular level 5 team and work harder for a double. You would think it a bit silly to have a Sr Open 4 division just so you can do tucks instead of layouts would you not?

But who knows, I may be missing something. If there is a reason for this division other than lessening the tumbling difficulty then please fill me in. If doubles were wayyyy more dangerous than single fulls then I would understand.

Btw I don't represent GT at all, that's why I put "I do not cheer for Louisville or GymTyme ...yet." right under it.

the whole point of the senior open 5 is so that it is a stepping stone between levels 4 and 5. it is incredibly difficult to go from a team with squad layouts and standing one to layouts to a team with majority doubles and standing passes that end in doubles. senior open 5 is also perfect for smaller gyms where a few athletes may have fulls but they just don't have enough go to go real level 5.

and i have to say, i don't think any division gives athletes any room to slack. if an athlete was placed on a level, then it is up to par with their skill set. even level 1 pushes athletes to gets their beginning skills, which still require a great amount of effort for those at that level.

and i think a double full is much harder than a full. a full you can chuck. a double, not so much.

the whole point of the senior open 5 is so that it is a stepping stone between levels 4 and 5. it is incredibly difficult to go from a team with squad layouts and standing one to layouts to a team with majority doubles and standing passes that end in doubles. senior open 5 is also perfect for smaller gyms where a few athletes may have fulls but they just don't have enough go to go real level 5.

and i have to say, i don't think any division gives athletes any room to slack. if an athlete was placed on a level, then it is up to par with their skill set. even level 1 pushes athletes to gets their beginning skills, which still require a great amount of effort for those at that level.

and i think a double full is much harder than a full. a full you can chuck. a double, not so much.

I completely agree that the tumbling gap between level 4 and 5 is massive, but adding another division to the already long list of divisions doesn't seem like a logical solution. Especially when it is just like a regular level 5 team with the only exception being single fulls. Changes to the tumbling restrictions in regular level 5 divisions would be much better.

I understand the division is ideal for smaller gyms who don't have as many fulls as others. If a program is truly trying to put together a competitive team then why push to move up a level instead of staying at level 4 with a solid team even though they have a couple fulls? If they're not so worried about being super competitive then why not have a regular level 5 team instead of a Sr Open 5 team?

I'm sure every program wants their athletes to reach their full potential, so why restrict the athletes with fulls to single fulls instead of letting them work for doubles, get doubles, and then compete doubles?

I'm not saying that if you're not on a level 5 team throwing doubles you're not trying. I know you're put on a team according to your skills, so I understand that no matter what level you're in you are working hard.

My first comment was worded carelessly. The Sr Open 5 division seems like it would take away the drive to work really hard to improve your tumbling. I'm all about motivation, if I had a single full and I was on a level 5 team with lots of teammates throwing doubles and specialty passes ending in doubles then you bet I'd be a lot more motivated to work my butt off to improve my tumbling. I don't see anyone getting that kind of motivation from a Sr Open 5 team unless the athlete has a layout and is working for a full.

Kingston - I know you're just being goofy, but just to clarify...

I'm not at all saying that if you're not in a worlds division you aren't trying, and I'm not saying that you're lazy if you don't have a double. I barely have a double, I struggle when them a LOT sometimes, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying. If I were on a Sr Open 5 team then I would say pssssha with the doubles and work on specialty passes ending with fulls. That's what I meant by saying it's an excuse to be lazy when working on tumbling. The division slows down progress.

Now, thinking this division hinders development of tumbling is a way differently worded opinion than say people in senior open 5 are lazy. To even be trying a double you are blessed in this sport.

As for hindering tumbling: it is a training ground to solidify tumbling. I think of it similar to a farm team in baseball. Sometimes you gotta go triple A to work on those skills.

Thanks for the feedback! This will be my gyms first time in this division or any level 5 division. This may not be that important or hard of a division but when we do our routine we WORK it every time! Our tumbling has increased extremely since the beginning! Very excited to start competing!

good luck to you!!
i think open 5 is the best way to enter the level 5 division!!
our open level 5 last year was AMAZING!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback! This will be my gyms first time in this division or any level 5 division. This may not be that important or hard of a division but when we do our routine we WORK it every time! Our tumbling has increased extremely since the beginning! Very excited to start competing!

This division seems like an excuse to be lazy when working on tumbling. Jussayin.

But whatev.

Edit: My response is based on what little I know about Sr Open 5 lol.

i am on a small open coed 5 and i found this rude. open means that some kids on the team are not old enough to be on a lvl 5 not that we are being lazy about doubles.

Back