All-Star Seniors Making College Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've been seeing good luck wishes and congrats all over Twitter...would love to see who all is making college teams!

From what I've gathered:

Maddie - UNC
Kendall Weavil - UNC

Keep em' coming!

About Maddie, I don't know if I would say she has made any team at UNC. Apparently, there are a group of athletes returning that have been place in the varsity catergory and everyone else that made the cut placed on a summer team along witht the first group that will go through a series of camps, practices and evaluations, let the staff get to know them and they will be placed in the fall after a second tryout. She made the summer team. She had a great time, really likes everyone around UNC cheer and will do what the staff asks her to do this summer and in the fall. Just to be accurate.

About Maddie, I don't know if I would say she has made any team at UNC. Apparently, there are a group of athletes returning that have been place in the varsity catergory and everyone else that made the cut placed on a summer team along witht the first group that will go through a series of camps, practices and evaluations, let the staff get to know them and they will be placed in the fall after a second tryout. She made the summer team. She had a great time, really likes everyone around UNC cheer and will do what the staff asks her to do this summer and in the fall. Just to be accurate.
Oh thanks for the clarification! Good luck!

I believe HPU had tryouts this weekend or this coming week. It will be interesting to see how that goes. Louisville has tryouts the second weekend in May so I assume there will be several to add onto this thread after that tryout.

Does anyone know what teams those who tried out at UK made (White or Blue?).

I am also interested in what will happen at HPU. What is going on with the program is not a good sign and they will lose a lot of kids from it. It is not easy to up and move 10,000 miles away.. take away the cheer aspect and it may be even harder. I know a lot of their tryouts have been through video.. so we'll see I guess?

As far as UK goes, I believe it was said that Blue team was made up completely of returning athletes this year. (8 couples) They may move 2-3 couples up at the end of the summer (though I believe they will still receive the "white scholarship" since the blue scholarship is limited to 16 athletes)

I am also interested in what will happen at HPU. What is going on with the program is not a good sign and they will lose a lot of kids from it. It is not easy to up and move 10,000 miles away.. take away the cheer aspect and it may be even harder. I know a lot of their tryouts have been through video.. so we'll see I guess?

As far as UK goes, I believe it was said that Blue team was made up completely of returning athletes this year. (8 couples) They may move 2-3 couples up at the end of the summer (though I believe they will still receive the "white scholarship" since the blue scholarship is limited to 16 athletes)

Yeah I saw Emily Sawyer say on twitter that she will be working hard this summer and I assumed it was in case she got moved to white. I think they need to find a new name for their "scholarhips" though because it misleads some because instead it is just an in-state tuition waiver so all those coming from out of state will still have to pay the difference.

Congrats to all that made it though, it seems like more and more athletes from strong all star backgrounds are trying out for UK.

This year:

Dalton Sanders from Matrix Vortex made Bowling Green
Lindsay Pridham formerly from Matrix Vortex and Step 1 Allstars made Ohio State University

Hopefully more to come, SO proud of them! :D

wow, I'm sure she won't have a problem but I wouldn't want to be on 'probation' all summer! :(

wow, I'm sure she won't have a problem but I wouldn't want to be on 'probation' all summer! :(

Oh, I don't think it's probation, but a chance to let the staff get to know the new athletes and have an open and fair evaluation period to be sure they have the right people where they need to be for their program. I like it better than a day or two of hectic evaluation and placement, seems the best way to be fair to the new kids and the kids who have been there that want to move to a different level. We'll see, good things come with patience, commitment and hard work.

Back