All-Star Short Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I had my hair that short and would do half up with a poof and bow or I'd do a headband with a clip in bow attached to the headband. You can get bows that are on headbands already too. Not sure if you saw Jaiden Cruise' hair at worlds but it was super cute with a headband bow and her hair teased a bit. I tried to do this for our show off since half up half down is such a pain to do with short short hair but I wasn't allowed to do it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

You can try just pulling a small section on the sides back, leaving most of it down but still having enough for a ponytail. I have a low pony in this picture but if you have thicker hair (unfortunately I do not) you can probably get a higher one so you can get more of the all star look. I'm the one with the short hair (duh). You could braid the front instead of just pulled back on the sides. I think I'm gonna try a bow head band for a few football games this year. So you could try that too! I can post pics once I get it.
ETA: Sorry, didn't realize the pic would be so huge!
2q3d8hz.jpg

If you've never had short hair before... It's a lot more work than you think. Styling short hair usually takes longer because you have to actually do it to make it look nice where as with long hair you can just throw it up. I will also say... Long hair is nice in the summer for that same reason... You can put it in a bun or pony tail. I loved my short hair, don't get me wrong but from my perspective, I would wait til fall to cut it if you don't want it to be half down and sweaty.

CP has hair that length and still puts it in a pony with lots of clips/pins and a wide head band. She didn't like the way it felt at practice half up.

Mommy to 2 kiddos! One CP and one undecided sports fan :)

The Fierce Board App!

You can try just pulling a small section on the sides back, leaving most of it down but still having enough for a ponytail. I have a low pony in this picture but if you have thicker hair (unfortunately I do not) you can probably get a higher one so you can get more of the all star look. I'm the one with the short hair (duh). You could braid the front instead of just pulled back on the sides. I think I'm gonna try a bow head band for a few football games this year. So you could try that too! I can post pics once I get it.
2q3d8hz.jpg
Who is who?

Cuties!

I have a bob myself and when I was cheering I would do half up half down on cooler nights and a small ponytail with lots of clips and pins on warmer nights. Summer was hell though, so I would wait until it gets cooler to cut it.

2q3d8hz.jpg
Looking at this photo all I see are opportunities for hilarious pranks! :D

Has anybody here ever donated to locks of love?

yes, but look into pantene beautiful lengths! locks of love is still a great cause but they charge people for the wigs. pantene gives them free to women with cancer. they also accept 8 inches, whereas Locks of love is 10, i believe. it's a good thing either way, just something to look into! :)

I already decided ill be donating mine again at the end of August... but i've gotten to the point where i'm like itching for a hair cut. i cannot wait to cut it off! but my hair grows ridiculously fast, so it'll probably be at least 2 inches longer by the end of august. i donate just about every other year since my talent in life is growing my hair lol

I've donated my hair three times! First time, I was 10 and I got a bob (horrible experience, promised myself I would never do it again). Three years later I did it again lol but less hair that time and then at the beginning of last year (2013) I cut 8 inches off and donated it pantene beautiful lengths! When I cut it last year, it went from about butt length to a few inches past my shoulders. It is now back to the length it was prior to my last cut (almost butt length) and I'm DYING to get it cut to a long bob but I still have PTSD from when I was 10 haha maybe I'll wait till the end of summer :p

Back