All-Star Short Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've donated my hair three times! First time, I was 10 and I got a bob (horrible experience, promised myself I would never do it again). Three years later I did it again lol but less hair that time and then at the beginning of last year (2013) I cut 8 inches off and donated it pantene beautiful lengths! When I cut it last year, it went from about butt length to a few inches past my shoulders. It is now back to the length it was prior to my last cut (almost butt length) and I'm DYING to get it cut to a long bob but I still have PTSD from when I was 10 haha maybe I'll wait till the end of summer :p
This sounds just like my experience haha! I cut mine into a bob and donated it when I was 9 and it looked HORRIBLE...so this year I decided to bob it again after growing it out since I was 9. My hair was butt length and let me tell you, I LOVE it short! You should go for a long bob, you might be surprised by how much you like it!

I have a bob and for practices I either do poofs with bows and I sometimes do a side French braid. For comps half up half down high poof and tease the pony

If you choose to go through with your haircut and there are times where you don't want your hair down or half down [practices you know going in will be intense or long, camps, etc.], you can always try french braiding it up the back into a ponytail.

Has anybody here ever donated to locks of love?
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I wanna donate mine but it's highlighted. ):

Oldest cp donated to Locks of Love 6 years ago when she was 11. The ponytail has to be 10" and they will take hair as long as it hasn't been overly processed, you mail it in and if you send in a photo with it, they will send you a photo postcard back thanking you. Cp went through chemo twice (for a blood disorder, not cancer) and was one of the rare and lucky ones that didn't lose her hair, it was something she really wanted to do. FYI, we had to go to several places before we could find someone willing to cut that much hair off in one setting and cp admitted several years later, she cried for weeks.

Oldest cp donated to Locks of Love 6 years ago when she was 11. The ponytail has to be 10" and they will take hair as long as it hasn't been overly processed, you mail it in and if you send in a photo with it, they will send you a photo postcard back thanking you. Cp went through chemo twice (for a blood disorder, not cancer) and was one of the rare and lucky ones that didn't lose her hair, it was something she really wanted to do. FYI, we had to go to several places before we could find someone willing to cut that much hair off in one setting and cp admitted several years later, she cried for weeks.
Thank you!

when I bobbed my hair, I regularly rocked the pebbles pony tail... both at practice and competitions. We also had a mom who was a hair stylist and would do some snazzy braid up the back to get all the little pieces up into a full pony for comps because we HAD to wear it all up in a high ponytail. my dreams of fierce headband girl were crushed.

I had my hair short for years! For practice I pulled the front part up and if it got really annoying at long practices I would try for a pony. For competitions I always poofed it, pulled back small pieces on each side and put in a bow!

This is what I do and my hair barely rests on my shoulders. Its too short to put all the way up, but too long to wear it straight half up/half down.

Some of the girls at my gym have the exact same hairstyle. Most of them do half up half down or will take the front part and poof it or braid it back.

Back