OT show your bows :D

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i bought a Sizzix die cut machine to cut out fabric stars, etc. You have to buy the thick dies that cut fabric, not sizzlets. Its an investment, but a lot easier than cutting by hand. A cricut machine, if you want to get fancy, can cut more complicated designs out of heat transfer material that you iron on.

I have a cricut and it's lousy at cutting out fabric. But, maybe i'm just not doing it right.
I ironed the fabric to the heat transfer material, then put that on the sticky mat, then put it in the cricut to cut out....and it pulled the fabric off the mat, bunched it up, and it was all frayed and jagged. Anyone have success with a cricut?

Here's some new ones, the one is purple zebra and teal on top they kind of blend in the picture but stand out in person
th_256653_10150259580444328_668739327_8836696_3368877_o.jpg
th_242887_10150259590534328_668739327_8836773_8154584_o.jpg

I have a cricut and it's lousy at cutting out fabric. But, maybe i'm just not doing it right.
I ironed the fabric to the heat transfer material, then put that on the sticky mat, then put it in the cricut to cut out....and it pulled the fabric off the mat, bunched it up, and it was all frayed and jagged. Anyone have success with a cricut?

Havent heard anyone having much sucess using a cricut with fabric. I've read cotton fused with heat and bond sort of works. But if you use the vinyl heat transfer material that they use to do t shirts, that should work. You dont cut all the way through the vinyl - just to the backing, and you have to weed out the extra bits before you iron it onto the bow.

@coach4gold thank you! I've been looking at several different machines. I was debating on a sizzix or slice machine

I've used my sizzix on sequin dot and spandex fabrics with the original dies and they work great. I havent tried the thinner dies yet, people say they dont work on fabric but I'm going to give it a try. They might also be good to use on vinyl transfer material

What would you suggest using on the first bow that i am going to make?
Should i just experiment using crappy ribbon or go out and buy good material?

What would you suggest using on the first bow that i am going to make?
Should i just experiment using crappy ribbon or go out and buy good material?
i would experiment. its NOT going to turn out awesome your first few tries, so definitely dont blow a bunch of cash on materials.

Back