OT show your bows :D

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
After seeing the bows everyone's made I really want to try! Does anyone know any websites that do good affordable material that I could use?

Finally get to make some bows this coming weekend providing my fabric I ordered comes in :) Will post lots of pics they will most likely all be Oklahoma State bows as a friend has asked me to make her one so I am presenting as many options as I can come up with.

After seeing the bows everyone's made I really want to try! Does anyone know any websites that do good affordable material that I could use?
Until you get the hang out doing it I would just go to the craft store and buy cheap ribbon and then go to Joanns and by the clearance red tag fabric because you will waste a bunch just practicing.

The first three bows I made before Worlds. The final bow was made for fun. Sorry for the bad quality and how large they are.
KA.jpg

Cali.jpg

100_0223.jpg

100_0190.jpg

I recently had a high school team request a 3 layer bow (3 layers of ribbon). I typically use heat n bond...but when you use multiple layers of ribbon it gets BEYOND difficult to fold them (for me).... Do you all know of any other adhesive that would work better?

I recently had a high school team request a 3 layer bow (3 layers of ribbon). I typically use heat n bond...but when you use multiple layers of ribbon it gets BEYOND difficult to fold them (for me).... Do you all know of any other adhesive that would work better?
what Bow Maker said def does help . You can also buy really thin ribbon to help take away from the thickness.

For heat n bond it helps if you use a hair dryer to soften the layers before folding.

Normally I iron before folding to make it easier...I just wanted to find a new product that would make it easier and eliminate a step. I have to make 60 before their first game Saturday and the ribbon wont be in until tomorrow...so I was trying to save some time.

But thanks tho!

Thanks! I've never done lace and just assumed that the heat n bond would show through! Your cutting skills are insane (and you must have super sharp scissors) because they look like you used a machine for them.

Back