OT show your bows :D

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
photo-64_505759ffe087c35b4a034a46.jpg
photo-59_505758a69606ee6d4f7ad50c.jpg
photo-94_507d1a729606ee5fa5fe35f1.jpg

These are adorable!!

What length do you guys cut your ribbon/fabric too? Now that I know how to actually make bows I'm trying to make them look more uniform & just all around better. Any tips are appriciated! :)

I cut mine to 28.5" for most of mine but go up to 30" if there is a long name or large decal to put on it or down to 26.5/27 if it is a smaller girl...

I can't find 3inch grosgrain ribbon for my life on ebay. Is there any special name for it?? It only find 3.8 ribbons but that is not what I am looking for. I have to find for making bows. Anyone could help me and find me one?

I can't find 3inch grosgrain ribbon for my life on ebay. Is there any special name for it?? It only find 3.8 ribbons but that is not what I am looking for. I have to find for making bows. Anyone could help me and find me one?
ribbonretreat.com i get it from their wholesale website, you can get like 50 yards for $35 plus shipping. and im pretty sure they ship international.

Thanks. But I need ribbons to make 4 bows. And shipping is to expensive.
I am trying to get it on ebay because is waaay cheaper and shipping is usually for free.
But this is the only type of ribbons I could find.But I'm sure those are not 3 inches.
294l4ee.jpg

I am trying to get it on ebay because is waaay cheaper and shipping is usually for free.
But this is the only type of ribbons I could find.But I'm sure those are not 3 inches.

3" ribbon is hard to come by. And it's more expensive than thinner ribbons. I've always ordered mine from teapartyribbons.com - though I don't know how their international shipping is :-\

3" ribbon is hard to come by. And it's more expensive than thinner ribbons. I've always ordered mine from teapartyribbons.com - though I don't know how their international shipping is :-\

thank you. I will check that site.

What colours are you looking for? I ordered a mix of ribbon from the ribbon retreat and have enough for four bows in some colours like black and white, depending on how much ribbon you usually use per bow obviously.

Do you have craft stores near you? JoAnns doesn't have 3" by the spool, but they do sell it by the yard. Check there. You can also use 2 1/4" ribbon, a lot of the random practice bows I make are that size and it's just fine.

when you rrhinestone bows, do you use the mylar paper and iron on method or do you have one of those rhinestone tools like a hotfix?

When y'all do lace, how do you put it down on the ribbon without it being so glue-y? i've tried spray glue and it was really sticky. and i tried just hot glue on both ends and it didnt look right.

When y'all do lace, how do you put it down on the ribbon without it being so glue-y? i've tried spray glue and it was really sticky. and i tried just hot glue on both ends and it didnt look right.
Heat n bond or Wonder under

Back