Skirts Vs Shorts? Half Tops Vs Full Tops?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 30, 2011
I like..
Skirts because they looks better (unless the team gets the skirts that look like lamp shades).
Shorts because don't ride up.
Half tops because I think they're cuter.
Full tops because they're better for those who are more conservative.

Your thoughts?

i like a half top and shorts because when u tumble the skirt flyes up and it akward!!!!!!!!!!! half top because u wont fly up and on a full top when it goes up its ackward and u cant get cought n a half top

I think shorts are only cute on people with the figure for them. I've seen some girls with bad love handles and the shorts squeeze them. its BAD. very bad. I think skirts are better. They're more 'cheerleader-y'.
On the tops, I think the same thing as the shorts. Crops are only cute on people that have the figure for it. At my gym our tops are a tiny bit longer than the usual right-below-your-sports-bra-barely-covering-you crop top, and you have a choice to get it longer or shorter. It gives the heavier girls a decision, and you can't even tell a difference.

Half tops, and shorts <3

Agreed!!! B/c I crossover on teams, I have to wear a skirt for one team and shorts for the other. I prefer the shorts because they stay put. When I wear my skirt, they have shorts made under them but the skirt spends most of the time covering my stomach b/c it flies up. I feel that the skirt is unnecessary, or at least in my case it is. And I think half tops are much cuter.

We can't go with the half top. We're a catholic school and the parents would flip out. Love the look of the half top though.

i love shorts and the way they look esp with crop tops .. but i agree with probably most people that some girls look very unflattering in them. our i5 team just ordered the shorts and im a little nervous for them but il let you know how i feel about wearing them when they come in!! :)

Full Tops because we all don't have the bodies for them. And it's annoying watching people constantly tugging at them pulling them down. And I do not like being able to see all the tattoos on the ribs and back that the uniforms don't cover.

Skirts because the shorts don't look right on everyone, especially color wise, you can see through some of the lighter colors and see undergarmets. And no one wants to see cameltoe either.

Yes I think shorts are more comfortable but the cons definitely outweigh the pros.
And I've always hated crop tops.

Back