Skirts Vs Shorts? Half Tops Vs Full Tops?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i have cheered in both shorts and skirts and i personally like shorts bettter. i liked not having to constantly pull my skirt down after tumbling and for tops i lovee crop tops! couldnt imagine cheering in a full top

I think half tops and skirts...they just look nicer than shorts...though shorts are more practical!

It depends on how the uniform is designed, if you ask me. A lot of uniforms now a days are designed to be crop tops and then those that choose to get them as full length tops, it looks rather silly because it's just a solid color. Personally, I prefer crop tops for allstar teams and full length for high school. It sets the look apart for the two types.

And for skirts v. shorts, I prefer skirts. Now I've never competed with shorts so I couldn't tell you the difference in how it feels but skirts are the epitome of cheerleading. Plus, the length varies on skirts, which is nice for girls who want to choose whether to have it slightly longer or shorter. I'd assume that shorts are easier to compete in, but to me, half of cheerleading is how we look, and skirts just look cuter, most of the time.

half top and skirts! its classy and original! :) id be afraid the shorts would ride up during the routine! not a fan of seeing people pick wedgies! :p

ive competed in both shorts and a skirt. looking at the floor i prefer the skirts because they tend to look better, but the shorts are easier to move in and they dont ride up. However ive never competed in crop tops, and i dont think i would like it. i would feel very uncomfortable on stage.

My gym right now has shorts and full tops as uniform for all teams. I love the idea that my gym has full tops for the bigger girls, but I personally like half tops better because I always feel like i have to fix the full top at a competion (but i don't) . My old gym had half tops for the senior and the open teams with tiny skirts. I liked the half tops but hated the skirts. So I like the crop tops and shorts.

It depends. I mean, the squad I'm on wears full tops, I'd love to wear half tops but I'd be super self conscious, even though I'm not huge, I'd still be paranoid. As for shorts vs skirts, skirts are better in my opinion, shorts make cheerleading feel LESS like cheerleading, skirts are just more cheerleader-ish.

Personally, i like the way the half tops and skirts look. However in the routine, the skirts flip up when you tumble, which is annoying

I say:
Crop Top With Shorts
OR
Full top with Skirt.

Just looks better like that.!

i like both based on age and size appropriateness. 14+ look good in crop tops and i think any age younger should be in full tops. i find it concerning that many youth allstar teams wear crop tops given the state of todays society as well as how impressionable those young minds are.

Back