All-Star Small Gym Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To me it sounds like an attempt to get more money out of people - are parents of level 2 athletes at small gyms really willing and able to fork over the cost of a Florida trip to compete at a competition that isn't the true top teams?

I feel like a lot of this is them trying to get money out of people who's athletes aren't good enough to be level 5's that can be competitive at worlds (even the summitt is this too). Yes, you miss out on a lot of paying customers when you actually demand a certain skill level - but that's kind of the difference between having integrity and not. You don't see the Olympics coming up w/ a small country olympics for level 2-10 gymnasts? I guess the Olympics isn't a for profit franchise though, is it. I actually wish they'd tone down on these "ultimate" competitions for the lower levels - it also leads to sandbagging.

Were there really enough gyms saying they wanted this or weren't willing to attend because of bigger gyms?

**Honest bro, true story**

Were there really enough gyms saying they wanted this or weren't willing to attend because of bigger gyms?

**Honest bro, true story**

Yeah - you'd think even the smallest gym out there would be able to put together a competitive level 2 team? Unless it's because of sandbagging of level 4-5 athletes down to level 2 teams at big gyms preventing it.

I personally feel the answer is - "work really really hard for many many years to be the best stunter and tumbler you can be, so that by the time you are 16-18 you are able to make a team that is competitve at worlds". People nowadays want everything right now - what's wrong w/ working for many years to be the best athlete possible and your reward is finally being able to go to Worlds. If too many kids go to these ultimate Disney world competitions starting at age 8, worlds isnt going to mean anything by the time they are 16.

I feel like this is secretly just the trial run of whether or not worlds can be split D1 and D2 in the near future. seeing if it's viable and there's enough interest...

but the lower levels are the bread and butter of the industry so worlds should be the guinea pig. sooo maybe i'm wrong.
Bingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This to me is very interesting. It kind of just popped up out of nowhere. Within the industry there tends to be a buzz created surrounding new events such as this. However this for me has come out of left field. I didn't realize that there was such a demand for the creation of yet another Summit. It will be interesting to see how things play out over the next several months leading up to this event.

I have heard some Small gyms complain about having to go against Large Mega gyms at Summit. I thought if they did anything it would be just separate out small and large gym for large categories similar to NCA Nationals, but when you do that it no longer has the Summit / World's feel to it.

Last edited:
Couldn't they just change the rules about not allowing you to field a brand new team after you get a summit bid and stack it with all your worlds athletes or kids that didn't get a bid that don't mind paying the money and missing school for summit. That would be a much better start than adding this comp. this is ridiculous.

We can do without this if we would restrict crossovers, hit technique hard across the board regardless to the name on the front of the uniform or when they compete in the lineup, get judging deductions and placements right the first time, eliminate EP favoritism shown to mega gyms because they bring in more money and teams, get rid of stay to play which is extremely punitive to small gyms, and strictly punish gyms that openly and unashamedly recruits athletes from other gyms.

Yep. Not going to Happen. Carry on.

I feel like the summit has actually brought a lot of smaller gyms to the spotlight. With worlds it's the same gyms winning all the time but even though the summit has only gone on two years there has been a good amount of variety... As well as teams winning from gyms I'd never heard of, beating out mega gyms.

Interesting to hear it's in Tampa.. Any idea where? I can only think of the convention center being large enough. If so, that's a bummer because I hated competing in the convention center :p

I feel like the summit has actually brought a lot of smaller gyms to the spotlight. With worlds it's the same gyms winning all the time but even though the summit has only gone on two years there has been a good amount of variety... As well as teams winning from gyms I'd never heard of, beating out mega gyms.

That'd be my gym right there, first year senior 3 didnt make it past day 1, last year our j4 happened to beat out stingray & Orlando Allstars. Still proud of those ladies and boy

We can do without this if we would restrict crossovers, hit technique hard across the board regardless to the name on the front of the uniform or when they compete in the lineup, get judging deductions and placements right the first time, eliminate EP favoritism shown to mega gyms because they bring in more money and teams, get rid of stay to play which is extremely punitive to small gyms, and strictly punish gyms that openly and unashamedly recruits athletes from other gyms.

Yep. Not going to Happen. Carry on.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Back