All-Star Small Senior 5 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In my opinion, Suns are creating this buzz because A) They're a new team from one of the most popular and beloved brands in the industry and not from a smaller or less known program and B) They were one of the only Level 5 teams (small or large, coed or all-girl) that pretty much HIT both days at the last two major nationals that were highly publicized on these boards.

It also helps that they are a good team, but because they obviously don't hit the scoresheet in some very important areas, I question whether people are thinking about entire routines or just one section before they actually compile these lists.

In my opinion, Suns are creating this buzz because A) They're a new team from one of the most popular and beloved brands in the industry and not from a smaller or less known program and B) They were one of the only Level 5 teams (small or large, coed or all-girl) that pretty much HIT both days at the last two major nationals that were highly publicized on these boards.

It also helps that they are a good team, but because they obviously don't hit the scoresheet in some very important areas, I question whether people are thinking about entire routines or just one section before they actually compile these lists.

have you actually read the scoresheet?

I sure have...as well as every major scoresheet.

Suns have a strong opening stunt and are undoubtedly a good team.
That doesn't change my opinion about top 5, which is just that...an opinion. I never wrote that everyone has to agree. Not a big deal. I do however, think they have what it takes for a top ten spot...again, an unbiased opinion.

I bet Suns puts on some Starlites girls for Worlds!!!!!! It would get more tumbling on the team. Just an opinion/thought I had.

I sure have...as well as every major scoresheet.

Suns have a strong opening stunt and are undoubtedly a good team.
That doesn't change my opinion about top 5, which is just that...an opinion. I never wrote that everyone has to agree. Not a big deal. I do however, think they have what it takes for a top ten spot...again, an unbiased opinion.

no im referring to you saying their routine doesnt hit the scoresheet. but it does...

In my opinion the main advantages that a small team can capitalise on over a large team are

1) Cleanness - with less girls they can make every stunt, jump, motion super super clean
2) Greater majority of people hitting harder skills.

For me a lot of the teams tipped in this thread for the top spots have taken advantage of one of these things but only a couple have difficulty and cleanness...

I bet Suns puts on some Starlites girls for Worlds!!!!!! It would get more tumbling on the team. Just an opinion/thought I had.

I think that people think there are more crossovers then there actually are. I assure you it's minimal. Suns is not filled with Starlites as many believe.

As for the scores. They have been doing well for themselves. They have obviously scored in the top at Jamfest and at AC where they came close to grandchampion. I think that's is pretty good for a new team. Who knows where they will place. I for one hope that they continue their success. They are entertaining! They are fresh and new and a pleasure to watch.

I think Cheer Express is a great team that not a lot of people have mentioned...They placed 6th last year and recently won Jamfest, beating out Suns and several other talented teams.

This really is such a great division! There are about 7 (or so) teams mentioned in this thread about which anyone could say, "It's really anyone's game" when they all hit.

No specific Order -

* Rays
* Cali
* Central Jersey
* CEA
* WC Suns
* Panthers

Every one is saying Suns will probably get top 3 , when CJA showed @ Athletic Championships in AC they were better than them ?
1- CJA
2- SUNS

No specific Order -

* Rays
* Cali
* Central Jersey
* CEA
* WC Suns
* Panthers

Every one is saying Suns will probably get top 3 , when CJA showed @ Athletic Championships in AC they were better than them ?
1- CJA
2- SUNS

yes when they competed against each other....in December. but we all know everyones routines stay the same

yes when they competed against each other....in December. but we all know everyones routines stay the same

- Ok still , as you could see CJA has more talent . Suns opening Stunt is AMAZING , but they Cannot win with that ONE GOOD THING . They're tumbling was ok , and they were very sloppy . On the other hand, CJA was tight and had A lot of energy ! Suns in top 3 ? Not really ....

- Ok still , as you could see CJA has more talent . Suns opening Stunt is AMAZING , but they Cannot win with that ONE GOOD THING . They're tumbling was ok , and they were very sloppy . On the other hand, CJA was tight and had A lot of energy ! Suns in top 3 ? Not really ....

well i guess i should listen to you since youre a worlds judge and all....

At the rate they're going, I would not be surprised if they pulled squad standing fulls at worlds. They're already halfway there!

Totally! Their old coach was really great, but I feel like this new coach is really helping a lot. And the girl with the final pass and who throws tumbling all throughout the routine? She is such an amazing talent!

Back